Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a brand new stainless G2c. Upon arriving home and further inspecting the pistol I noticed with slide off the gun that the trigger does not pivot the sear. Has anyone else seen or experienced this. With the slide on the pistol it seems to work, releasing the firing pin in both double action and single action. Should I send it in? Sucks I just picked it up Oct 18th 2019

·
Super Moderator
36,371 Posts
How does it shoot?

BTW...welcome from Northern Illinois!

·
8,651 Posts
Welcome from NW Arkansas. I don;t have one currently, but I assume one of the safeties is locking the sear when the slide is off. That may be normal. Try shooting it and then decide if you have an issue. Different pistols use a multitude of ways of handling striker,magazine, and sear safeties. this may just be the way the G2C was designed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the welcome and quick replies. I just stopped by my father's house to check his g2c which he purchased during that buy a g2c get a Rossi 22 deal. His trigger bar pivots the sear with the slide off guess I got a bad trigger bar. I also found a video on youtube with my problem. They must of updated a few things to the g2c I noticed mine has a trigger stop for post travel my fathers does not.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The trigger bar will in fact activate the SA sear with the slide off, just checked. The thing is, you have to put a slight downward pressure on the front of the sear, like it would be if it was engaged.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have a G2C from 2018 that moves the sear when slide is off, I just bought a new G2C on October 5th that does not move the sear with the slide off. I made a post about it but I didn't know the name of all the parts so your post explains it much better. is this a problem?, or is it ok?, I haven't had a chance to shoot it but in dry firing it does go from single action to double action.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a G2C from 2018 that moves the sear when slide is off, I just bought a new G2C on October 5th that does not move the sear with the slide off. I made a post about it but I didn't know the name of all the parts so your post explains it much better. is this a problem?, or is it ok?, I haven't had a chance to shoot it but in dry firing it does go from single action to double action.
There is no problem, action works as intended, there was a slight modification to the action.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Taurus says its a defect and needs to be sent in for repair. Sear should pivot.
oh no, this is bad. i won't be sending mine in, my ocd won't let me trust anything that was, it's a flaw i have always had, wished i wasn't so bad. will be buying another to try once this one is sold. dang it this is just my luck. will chat with taurus to tell them how mine does.

·
Registered
481 Posts
The trigger bar will in fact activate the SA sear with the slide off, just checked. The thing is, you have to put a slight downward pressure on the front of the sear, like it would be if it was engaged.
thats the way mine does, it won't move the sear unless i put a little pressure on the front of the sear, then it will move it and the sear will pivot. will try to shoot today but don't know if i can, hope i can find out if mine's ok or not, i want to keep it but if it has a problem i just can't. thanks

·
Registered
481 Posts
ok, I just talked to Taurus and everything is ok as long as the sear pivots when pressure is applied. here is what I was told and here is the chat I had with them.

Chat started: 2019-10-22 03:55 PM UTC
(03:55:31 PM) william botts: I have a new G2C serial number xxxxxxx, and wonder if I have a problem? With the slide off and pulling the trigger the sear will not pivot, unless I put slight downward pressure on the sear with my finger, then it will engage and pivot the sear. The reason I ask is my older 2018 G2C puliing the trigger will pivot the sear with the slide off without putting any pressure on the sear. the new one only pivots the sear when the trigger is pulled when very slight pressure is placed on the sear. when assembled the new gun seems ok and the trigger has single action - double action like my old one. thanks for any help
(03:55:37 PM) *** Veronica joined the chat ***
(03:55:44 PM) Veronica: Thank you for contacting Customer Care. My name is Veronica. I will be assisting you today!
(03:55:50 PM) Veronica: Hi, William.
(03:55:55 PM) william botts: hello
(03:57:10 PM) Veronica: Let me get a gunsmith and some information for you.
(03:57:16 PM) william botts: ok
(04:03:58 PM) Veronica: What you are describing is normal as long as putting pressure on the sear lets it pivot.
(04:04:24 PM) william botts: ok, that makes me feel better
(04:04:57 PM) Veronica: When you pull the trigger the trigger bar moves back and the disconnector dips slightly to catch the striker, on some models the sear pivots without pressure but some need slight pressure, when the slide is on that will put pressure on the sear.
(04:06:19 PM) william botts: i was just wondering bacause my older g2c works different with the slide off and i wanted to check with the company.
(04:06:43 PM) Veronica: Let me double check with the gunsmith again to put your mind at ease.
(04:09:16 pm) Veronica: Yes if putting slight pressure on the sear helps it pivot then that is normal.
(04:09:35 PM) william botts: I am happy that my new gun is ok, do you know why my older one moves the sear without pressure on it? did the trigger bar change with the newer models?
(04:09:44 PM) Veronica: I'm not sure, the gunsmith didn't say.
(04:12:06 PM) william botts: ok, so with having to put pressure on the sear to make it move is normal now?
(04:12:32 PM) Veronica: Correct.
(04:12:49 PM) william botts: sorry to ask so many questions but, I worry a lot, to much i guess.
(04:13:02 PM) william botts: thanks , you have a great day
(04:13:11 PM) Veronica: You're welcome, it was a pleasure assisting you today. Have a great day!
(04:13:40 PM) william botts: you too.
(04:15:03 PM) *** Veronica left the chat

·
Registered
74 Posts
Taurus says its a defect and needs to be sent in for repair. Sear should pivot.
Did you do as I stated above, apply a little downward pressure to the SA sear and pull the trigger? If the SA sear does pivot with a bit of downward pressure, it is operating normal. If the sear won't move, with or without downward pressure, then you have a problem. There was a slight change to the trigger bar/SA sear from earlier models.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My G2C purchased in late december 2019 does the same thing but runs fine with the slide on.
I must put slight pressure on sear with slide off for the trigger bar to contact the sear.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have fired my new G2c several hundred rounds, still won't pivot the sear unless pressure is aplied with slide off. but it has been flawless in firing those hundreds of rounds. So older models will pivot with or without pressure with slide off like my carry G2c, the newer ones like my backup G2c will only do it when pressure is applied.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts