Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently jus got my first handgun so went with the taurus g2c 9mm well today was puting ammo in the clip and had hard time loading it is it because its brand new or maybe if i get different magazine then the 2 factory one it came with?

· Registered
9,222 Posts
Springs are just tight, you can load what you can and add an extra round a day until they relax as one one solution to break in new mags.

The way i normally handle it is i take a dowel rod or a long screwdriver, push the follower up and down a few dozen times to simulate loading and unloading the magazine. Afterwards, it should load all the bullets without much trouble.

After all the loading and unloading seems fine, you may want to disassemble and clean the mag body. I usually apply a light coat of white lithium to the inside after it's clean to keep the followers moving smoothly.

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

· Super Moderator
42,114 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois and congrats on the new pistol. Those mags are very tight to start off and getting them loaded full (or as full as you can get them) will help with future loading and also with rounds feeding at the range.

The Uplula loader is one of the more expensive loaders but well worth the money IMO.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/maglula...pistol-magazine-loader-and-unloader-3486.html

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/maglula-uplula-universal-pistol-magazine-loader

Looks like there is a bit of a run on them currently, probably following the run on firearms.

Reactions: 777Driver and NotSo

· Registered
3,751 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois and congrats on the new pistol. Those mags are very tight to start off and getting them loaded full (or as full as you can get them) will help with future loading and also with rounds feeding at the range.

The Uplula loader is one of the more expensive loaders but well worth the money IMO.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/maglula...pistol-magazine-loader-and-unloader-3486.html

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/maglula-uplula-universal-pistol-magazine-loader

Looks like there is a bit of a run on them currently, probably following the run on firearms.
I've had good mail order service from gunmagwarehouse. My only gripe about them is that they're 20 minutes drive away but don't have pick-up service.

· Registered
519 Posts
I just bought a new mag to have as an extra and the follower had a bit of a rough edge the was getting caught on the cutout for the magazine retention piece in the gun. I had to force the follower down a few times to have it shave itself smooth enough to not catch anymore.

· Registered
3,189 Posts
Welcome aboard, from Las Vegas!

I like Montkun's recommendation. When you take the magazine apart, take it slow and note how the spring is attached.
Lube it very sparingly. You don't want any gunk to build up in there.

I also like Czechbikr's recommendation. The Uplula loader is the best! And it can handle everything from .380 to .45 calibers.

· Registered
3,751 Posts
And what would be a good but decently priced ammo to run through it? I was told only brass no steel then was told no bass only steel then heard dont matter so kinda confused
I have avoided steel. It does sometimes cause problems because it's not as malleable as brass, my range doesn't permit it, and it's never been the cheapest option in my area anyway. I don't think any handgun or individual rifle in the world is better with steel. Leave it alone if you can. Some guns shoot steel fine, some have trouble with it, and it's often brand-dependent.

Brass is always best. Aluminum seems to be okay. I've been shooting a good amount of Federal aluminum when I can't find enough brass-cased ammo.

Reactions: Raymond F.

· Registered
3,189 Posts
And what would be a good but decently priced ammo to run through it? I was told only brass no steel then was told no bass only steel then heard dont matter so kinda confused
I am of the "Brass only" group.
I usually buy inexpensive factory reloads at gun shows for range shooting; then use high-end JHP when I carry.
I seem to have a lot more jams if I use anything other than brass.
Try them all yourself. It won't hurt the gun.

· Registered
16 Posts
My g2c mags dont like 9mm ammo that is over about 1.162 overall length as they hang up lengthwise in the mag and wont load in the mag without sticking.
Had this issue with Tula.
1.155 or under is my preferred length for 115 grain

· Super Moderator
42,114 Posts
I've had good mail order service from gunmagwarehouse. My only gripe about them is that they're 20 minutes drive away but don't have pick-up service.
You would think in these days that they should install a drive up window! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Ralph_Kirk and CJS3

· Registered
47 Posts
I recently jus got my first handgun so went with the taurus g2c 9mm well today was puting ammo in the clip and had hard time loading it is it because its brand new or maybe if i get different magazine then the 2 factory one it came with?
Brand new mags the springs need to be broken in. Load the mags with as many rounds on the first time. Then unload them, and keep repeating this about a dozen times. You should be able to load the entire capacity and then leave the magazines to set overnight loaded. Next morning, unload them and reload them a couple of times, then leave them loaded. After a while the mag springs will loosen up and it will become easier to load them.

· Registered
414 Posts
I've been using one of these Caldwell magazine loaders for several years now. It works great for both me, and my wife, when loading various magazines.

Bloody Wheels USA offers quite a range of items, I'm 100% happy with the extended magazine sleeves I've purchased from him. I don't think all of the items he offers are listed on eBay. Here's his store website.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts