Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is our third G2C ,And the first of the firearms to display any issue .The slide stripping a round of Critical Defense Enters the Chamber but hangs up on the rim of the casing ! Althought this pistol has not gotten to the range yet I find it interesting that this has happened more than several times with both mags that came with the pistol.My thoughts are to run 50-100 rounds thru it tommorow and see what the functioning is or maybe just to loosen up the firearm.Interestingly the four mags from our other G2C work perfectly .Will follow up with range report soon.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Issue has been resolved ! While some said to use a dremel to polish inside of chamber I was reluctant to get that aggressive doing that . I used my stainless yellow cloth that I use for my stainless guns onlu put a swatch onto the cleaning brush and did this in the chamber rotating clockwise usining up several patches.The chamber came out mirror finish the bore nice and bright and the ramp I could see my reflection .Proceeded to range at 17 degrees thank GOD no wind in my face. I went thru 50 rounds of Critical Defense and not one issue . This round is my favorite andhad to find the reason for not feeding properley. Issue Resolved !

·
Super Moderator
38,253 Posts
Glad that you got a handle on it. I was going to suggest that your smooth the magazine lips with the Dremel and polish or emery cloth also as rough edges there could reduce the speed of the slide when stripping the round.

Reactions: MARINEDIVISIONTWO

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad that you got a handle on it. I was going to suggest that your smooth the magazine lips with the Dremel and polish or emery cloth also as rough edges there could reduce the speed of the slide when stripping the round.
Doing the lips on the magazine smoothing them out was a further consideration,i went with process of elimination. The casing on the critical defense would catch on the outer rim of the chamber but not othe ammo like WWB or Federal FMJ .Thankfully it did the remedy TY for your input and advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts