Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dad gave me this gun and it was sitting in the gun's case for some years. I looked up how to clean it and gave it a go. The spring busted while I was taking it apart and recently my Uncle is looking to buy the guns my Dad passed down off me. While I was looking for a replacement part online I found out that the gun was recalled which makes it hard to get replacement parts. I can only find G2 springs. It's long past the recall claim date and ideally, I would rather just find a replacement part and not go through the works. How it's looking I'm guessing I should contact Taurus but I'm not sure if I should file for a service request or contact customer support. Does anyone know if they will still refund or replace the part? Or maybe an alternative spring I could use?

·
Super Moderator
39,232 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois. Parts will only be found on-line in places like Numrich or Schludershots. The lawsuit agreement covers all of these guns for any owners. Taurus will issue a free return label and replace it with a new G2C. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois. Parts will only be found on-line in places like Numrich or Schludershots. The lawsuit agreement covers all of these guns for any owners. Taurus will issue a free return label and replace it with a new G2C. Good luck.
Thanks for the help, a new gun sounds good to me!

·
Registered
9,621 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts