Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,416 Posts
The black G2c 9mm is all Taurus will exchange for if you’re turning in a gun on the recall list. Doesn’t matter what you are sending them. I’ve talked to them about this. They would not budge. Not for me anyway. Now if it’s a repair job or something on say a 1911 or TH model and they can’t fix it, maybe then they would send you a replacement of that same model.
I think we have a member that was able to talk them out of a G2 40 back in the early days of the settlement and another that was able to talk them in to a PT1911 for a PT145, but my memory may be mistaken. If those actually did happen, I assume the employee involved was taken to lunch and is probably swimming with the fishes in Biscayne Bay!

Reactions: ChrisH

·
Super Moderator
22,458 Posts
I think there's a lot more folks that are holding on to our PT 145's. They're great guns and it's not a fare trade for a G2.

I would love to see Taurus bring out a new 45 compact, it would probably be a great seller. Many still like the 45 caliber and are able to handle the little gun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I totally agree and want a 45 g3c size firearm. I would even like to see someone, ahem, Taurus apply the gx4 mag design and tooling to get something close to the gx4 size in 45 caliber. As for those of us holding on to our pt145s, I just recently contacted Taurus about the recall and they flat out told me that they are bound by the settlement that the only replacement they can issue is a g2c. I asked very politely to get a gx4 instead and they said no, could not legally do it. So, I will keep my pt145. I personally find the 45 easier to shoot than 9 mm as the recoil tends to be straight back instead of back and up like I get from my p365.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
That's news to me that they are using a G3C as a settlement replacement. All I've ever heard was the G2, and then the G2C.
Your right it would be a G2C.
Point is since their trading faulty guns for a G2C anyway. So Taurus true cost to change out a PT45 for a new 45acp would be the diffrence in cost between a g2c and a new Taurus 45acp.

·
Premium Member
8,416 Posts
I totally agree and want a 45 g3c size firearm. I would even like to see someone, ahem, Taurus apply the gx4 mag design and tooling to get something close to the gx4 size in 45 caliber. As for those of us holding on to our pt145s, I just recently contacted Taurus about the recall and they flat out told me that they are bound by the settlement that the only replacement they can issue is a g2c. I asked very politely to get a gx4 instead and they said no, could not legally do it. So, I will keep my pt145. I personally find the 45 easier to shoot than 9 mm as the recoil tends to be straight back instead of back and up like I get from my p365.
From what I recall they were required to replace it with a comparable gun. I dont believe the g2c existed at the time of the settlement so being bound sounds like internal policy--not any part of the agreement.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Can’t remember exactly when the recall started but it’s been quite a while. The PT111 G2 was out in 2013. But the 24/7 G2 was still available I thought when the recall first came about. At that time I do believe Taurus was trying to trade pistols for the appropriate caliber. A 24/7 gen 1 45 or PT145 PRO was probably swapped for a 24/7 G2 45 and so on. Also I think you could just get a straight $200 instead. I don’t know, honestly didn’t pay much attention to the recall when it started. I had heard about it and knew my OSS was listed but there was no way I was giving it back. But today it is just the G2c you trade for. I tried to get Taurus to trade a G2c 40 for my very 1st gen PT111 (the one that came out in the 90’s) but nope. That’s ok. It’s a scarce pistol and it works just fine.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I think we have a member that was able to talk them out of a G2 40 back in the early days of the settlement and another that was able to talk them in to a PT1911 for a PT145, but my memory may be mistaken. If those actually did happen, I assume the employee involved was taken to lunch and is probably swimming with the fishes in Biscayne Bay!
I recall them being talked out of a 1911 also. They probably fired that CS agent and put in a policy of G2C or suck an egg.

·
Super Moderator
41,392 Posts
I don't know how much it costs to produce a 45 caliber pistol considering all the retooling and design not to mention the much fewer units that would be sold so the cost per unit would be quite a bit more than the g2c. If Taurus produced a compact 45 they may have to start giving out free compact 45s if people turn in their PT 145s. Until such time as they believe there may not be an overwhelming number of PT 145s to turn in they probably aren't going to create a compact 45. The cost per unit would probably just be too high
That's exactly what they did to me after a year of lies that they would fix my PT 145 SS. Then after saying I would get a 24/7 G2 in 45 ACP I was told they wouldn't be producing a polymer 45 ACP in the "foreseeable future ". Then 3 months after I settled for a PT111 G2 a couple of members here were awarded PT 1911's.

·
Registered
313 Posts
This seems to be a Catch-22 with all of the gun companies. They say no one is buying anything in .45 other than 1911's. Customers might buy anything in .45 if someone would just put some new product out.
BTW: is 45 ACP still considered a military caliber? If the Dems try to ban 9mm and 223/5.56 will the gum makers be caught with their pants down with no backup guns in .45 and smaller calibers in the pipeline or on the workbench?

·
Premium Member
8,416 Posts
This seems to be a Catch-22 with all of the gun companies. They say no one is buying anything in .45 other than 1911's. Customers might buy anything in .45 if someone would just put some new product out.
BTW: is 45 ACP still considered a military caliber? If the Dems try to ban 9mm and 223/5.56 will the gum makers be caught with their pants down with no backup guns in .45 and smaller calibers in the pipeline or on the workbench?
The "gum" makers will have to chew on that!

I watch PB & Stoeger 8045 auctions online and they are hot items. Are they collectibles or is it because people want a carry sized 45? G2C 45's used to show up but they are very rare. Even the 145 is rare online. I think there is a market for such, but I am not a marketing genius.

·
Registered
G2c PT145 MilPro
1,071 Posts
The "gum" makers will have to chew on that!

I watch PB & Stoeger 8045 auctions online and they are hot items. Are they collectibles or is it because people want a carry sized 45? G2C 45's used to show up but they are very rare. Even the 145 is rare online. I think there is a market for such, but I am not a marketing genius.
G2C .45? I didn't know there was such a thing. I know they made a G2C in .40cal for awhile.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Anyone heard of Taurus making a future Compact striker fired 45acp similar to the popular G3 series ? Hell even a hammer fired compact 45 at this point. Its been years since they stoped the PT 145 or 845. I owned the 845 it was a workhorse. Anyhow I figured with the overwhelming succes of the G2-G3 series a 45acp would seem like natural evolution in gun sales. Btw I do favor the 45acp over any 40cal. But honestly Ive never seen a 40cal G2C only plenty of G2/3C 9mm but never a 40.
Anyhow heres to hoping Taurus puts out a new Compact (prefered) or med sized doublestack ? 10rd or more striker fired Big Ol
American 45acp*
I just bought a G2C in .40 recently: Taurus G2C Pistol .40 SW 3.2" Barrel 10-Rounds With Picatinny Rail

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Anyone heard of Taurus making a future Compact striker fired 45acp similar to the popular G3 series ? Hell even a hammer fired compact 45 at this point. Its been years since they stoped the PT 145 or 845. I owned the 845 it was a workhorse. Anyhow I figured with the overwhelming succes of the G2-G3 series a 45acp would seem like natural evolution in gun sales. Btw I do favor the 45acp over any 40cal. But honestly Ive never seen a 40cal G2C only plenty of G2/3C 9mm but never a 40.
Anyhow heres to hoping Taurus puts out a new Compact (prefered) or med sized doublestack ? 10rd or more striker fired Big Ol
American 45acp*
Yes, I agree. Would like to see the G3 platform "beefed up" a tad, to handle .45 ACP.

·
Super Moderator
41,392 Posts
Yes, I agree. Would like to see the G3 platform "beefed up" a tad, to handle .45 ACP.
If they handle 40 S&W then 45 ACP shouldn't be an issue, right?

Reactions: olfarhors
21 - 40 of 46 Posts