Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard of Taurus making a future Compact striker fired 45acp similar to the popular G3 series ? Hell even a hammer fired compact 45 at this point. Its been years since they stoped the PT 145 or 845. I owned the 845 it was a workhorse. Anyhow I figured with the overwhelming succes of the G2-G3 series a 45acp would seem like natural evolution in gun sales. Btw I do favor the 45acp over any 40cal. But honestly Ive never seen a 40cal G2C only plenty of G2/3C 9mm but never a 40.
Anyhow heres to hoping Taurus puts out a new Compact (prefered) or med sized doublestack ? 10rd or more striker fired Big Ol
American 45acp*

·
Registered
617 Posts
big .45 acp fan here ,but it would be brutal to shoot in a gx 4 size gun . same thoughts as you on the .40 cal.option --

Reactions: rcopu1

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have the Taurus PT 24/7 G2 Compact .45 ACP 3.5" Barrel Stainless Finish which I purchased in 2014. I haven't shot it much as It is a beast to shoot so it's been on the shelf for a very long time.

Joe P Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

·
Registered
49 Posts
Anyone heard of Taurus making a future Compact striker fired 45acp similar to the popular G3 series ? Hell even a hammer fired compact 45 at this point. Its been years since they stoped the PT 145 or 845. I owned the 845 it was a workhorse. Anyhow I figured with the overwhelming succes of the G2-G3 series a 45acp would seem like natural evolution in gun sales. Btw I do favor the 45acp over any 40cal. But honestly Ive never seen a 40cal G2C only plenty of G2/3C 9mm but never a 40.
Anyhow heres to hoping Taurus puts out a new Compact (prefered) or med sized doublestack ? 10rd or more striker fired Big Ol
American 45acp*
I made a suggestion of a G3 "F", 4.5 or 5 inches
But my suggestion was either in 38 super, or in 10mm.
But it could come in 45 too.
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Rectangle

·
Registered
G2c PT145 MilPro
1,071 Posts
We keep asking Taurus for a new compact .45acp, but they don't seem to listen. I'm not sure what, if at all, they hear from us. It seems to me, that any company that sees a desire for a certain product, would find a way to deliver. Kinda seems like Taurus is stuck on 9mm anything right now. I get it, it's the most popular caliber in the world (?), but clearly they are capable of producing a compact .45 (hammer or striker). Love my PT145, but give us something new!!

·
Premium Member
8,416 Posts
We keep asking Taurus for a new compact .45acp, but they don't seem to listen. I'm not sure what, if at all, they hear from us. It seems to me, that any company that sees a desire for a certain product, would find a way to deliver. Kinda seems like Taurus is stuck on 9mm anything right now. I get it, it's the most popular caliber in the world (?), but clearly they are capable of producing a compact .45 (hammer or striker). Love my PT145, but give us something new!!
I don't know how much it costs to produce a 45 caliber pistol considering all the retooling and design not to mention the much fewer units that would be sold so the cost per unit would be quite a bit more than the g2c. If Taurus produced a compact 45 they may have to start giving out free compact 45s if people turn in their PT 145s. Until such time as they believe there may not be an overwhelming number of PT 145s to turn in they probably aren't going to create a compact 45. The cost per unit would probably just be too high

·
Registered
G2c PT145 MilPro
1,071 Posts
I don't know how much it costs to produce a 45 caliber pistol considering all the retooling and design not to mention the much fewer units that would be sold so the cost per unit would be quite a bit more than the g2c. If Taurus produced a compact 45 they may have to start giving out free compact 45s if people turn in their PT 145s. Until such time as they believe there may not be an overwhelming number of PT 145s to turn in they probably aren't going to create a compact 45. The cost per unit would probably just be too high
Maybe. I get it about re-tooling for a new pistol. But I've not heard of anyone wanting to turn in their PT145 though. I agree the cost per unit would be high at first, but would likely come down as economy of scale goes up over time. Not to mention, the G2/G3/GX are priced as entry level pistols in the overall scheme of things.
Ah well. We can always hope.........

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Those are some valid points.

Still seems like they are just stuck and don't want to branch out. You can find the G2c in 40 still, not easily but they are out there.

·
Premium Member
8,416 Posts
Those are some valid points.

Still seems like they are just stuck and don't want to branch out. You can find the G2c in 40 still, not easily but they are out there.
Yeah, they seem to turn up every once in a while. A quick check of taurususa.com still shoes the G2C in 40. However, I've heard of some turning in a settlement PT140 and getting the 9mm back. They don't seem to want to part with anything other than the 9mm regardless of the caliber turned in.

Reactions: ChrisH

·
Registered
G2c PT145 MilPro
1,071 Posts
Yeah, they seem to turn up every once in a while. A quick check of taurususa.com still shoes the G2C in 40. However, I've heard of some turning in a settlement PT140 and getting the 9mm back. They don't seem to want to part with anything other than the 9mm regardless of the caliber turned in.
Precisely why none of us willing to turn in our 145s.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I’ve been hounding Taurus for years about ‘where are the 45’s?’ but get no answers. They held on to the 1911 but stopped the 24/7, PT 845, and the Millennium PRO. With the enormous popularity of the G2 and G3 series it seems like a no brainer to produce a 45acp version. The 24/7 G2 is gone but now there’s the TH to replace the PT but only in 9 and 40. Why no 45? There was one. Actually shocked they even produce the TH in 40 considering they’ve gone 9mm crazy. Taurus discontinued the G2c 40 in stainless but are currently still making the black version. I just got my hands on one in July after waiting forever. They’re scarce.
I’d be all over a new 45acp G3 or G2 series. I absolutely love my PT145 PRO.

·
Registered
37,957 Posts
WELL honestly it makes perfect sense to me that Taurus is only chambering its main line of self defense guns in 9 MM, I mean will any of the other calibers Blow a Lung Out with a single shot??
I mean come on guys lets get with the current program!

Cartoon Font Poster Happy Animated cartoon

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Having to exchange a future new 45acp compact as warranty exchange for existing pt145 is a posible reason for not producing one, however the real cost for Taurus would be The diffrence in cost between
G3C and the new 45compact sense they already exchange defective 9-40 or 45cal pt pro or milleniul series guns with a G3C.

·
Premium Member
8,416 Posts
Having to exchange a future new 45acp compact as warranty exchange for existing pt145 is a posible reason for not producing one, however the real cost for Taurus would be The diffrence in cost between
G3C and the new 45compact sense they already exchange defective 9-40 or 45cal pt pro or milleniul series guns with a G3C.
That's news to me that they are using a G3C as a settlement replacement. All I've ever heard was the G2, and then the G2C.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The black G2c 9mm is all Taurus will exchange for if you’re turning in a gun on the recall list. Doesn’t matter what you are sending them. I’ve talked to them about this. They would not budge. Not for me anyway. Now if it’s a repair job or something on say a 1911 or TH model and they can’t fix it, maybe then they would send you a replacement of that same model.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts