Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or does it seem that Taurus drops more products than any other manufacturers? They use to have such a wide range of revolvers and other pistols, just like Smith and Wesson still does what happened ?

·
Registered
27,801 Posts
Profitability and depth of range don't necessarily go together.
It doesn't puzzle me that they have dropped a lot of product, but it does sometimes puzzle me as to which ones they drop.

Reactions: Mark40

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Profitability and depth of range don't necessarily go together.
It doesn't puzzle me that they have dropped a lot of product, but it does sometimes puzzle me as to which ones they drop.
that's the thing I don't want to keep buying there products if they keep dropping everything like hot potatoes

·
Registered
21 Posts
They have turned a lot of people off with there newer inferior products.Bad reputation for cs doesn't help there case either,Dealers that want nothing to do with their products all result in sluggish sales.I love my Taurus gun's but they are all 10 plus years old,will never buy a newer gun for the reasons stated.They made fine products years ago and need to go back to those days,I hope they do if they want to survive.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
A polished stainless steel option would be nice.....

....I'm getting sick of shining them up by hand.

Reactions: loudviking

·
Administrator
35,622 Posts
Think, though, of how many revolvers Taurus has come out with in past years....all of those different caliber snubbies, especially. Hey, I loved it when you could get your hands on a 41 magnum snub, too, but they now have to focus their efforts on runs of guns that will make them the most money. Maybe they someday will get back to their heyday and offer a huge lineup, but I think we'll have to wait on that.

Reactions: Panda and Olyolson

·
Premium Member
5,399 Posts
I blame it on erratic management.
I'm guessing it's management by the finance guys. It seems like in the past business people ran companies, and used the finance guys to figure out how to pay for everything. Now, it's finance guys with an MBA and a spreadsheet that run everything. Customer service doesn't fit in a spreadsheet, except as a department with big costs. Experience doesn't fit in a spreadsheet, except for higher salaries for longer term employees. Quality doesn't fit in a spreadsheet, except all those dollars spent on warranty work. If it doesn't fit in a spreadsheet and make the bottom line look better, it isn't done.

I'm guessing they've discontinued everything in their lineup, so they don't have to send those guns out to those who are turning in their old guns. Imagine if they had to send someone a brand new 24/7 G2 .45 for everyone who sent in a fifteen year old PT145 that was under the settlement. They can replace everything with a G2C with no warranty, and maybe survive this thing.

It's all about what the finance guys see in their spreadsheet. Quality, customer service, and experience do not compute.

·
Registered
220 Posts
It's money, as always. Fewer people are buying revolvers. There are so many new firms here offering drill courses for autos, but none offers anything related to revolvers. I'm sure in the States it's different as there always has been a tradition with revolvers. I constantly have to remind people of the difference in autos and revolvers. Yes, oh my, I have recently even seen a women shooting one and asking where the magazine comes out... (well, okay, I have also have had someone pointing his Walther at me and asking me if I could help him with the spring, but that's another story...). Anyway, let's hope Taurus stays in business for a long time.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I blame it on erratic management.
This is most likely the exact reason for Taurus' constant introduction/discontinuation of firearms. Taurus has had a revolving door of C.E.O. since 2015, each with their own opinion on how to make the company more financially successful, yet nearly all of them inevitably fell into the business strategy of, "Throw a bunch of darts at a cork board on the wall lined with postit notes for different concepts for new/unique firearms and see what sticks."

That being said, I would prefer to see them continuing to attempt to innovate rather than just copying the competition. Taurus could introduce as many new firearms as they like and nobody would complain if their Quality Assurance/Customer Service were top notch. The single most important factor in any successful firearms business is to offer reliable firearms, low cost/innovative features are completely worthless if the firearm isn't up to the task of self-defense due to unreliability.

Reactions: Olyolson
1 - 14 of 14 Posts