Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't understand why alot of people have written that the customer service sucks, i tried to look up my new revolver online using the serial number but it didn't work. so this morning i called to get some info. i got transfered to customer service where i was told it was made in october 2006 he also told me, that service online doesn't work. i then went ahead and ordered a set of combat grips for my 605 for $9.i should recieve them in 7-10 days. they were friendly and had a good attitude. 8)

·
Registered
790 Posts
When contacting customer service, be prepared before you make the call. Most of the problems you hear about are created by the customers themselves, who are not communicating effectively. Know what you need, or be able to explain your problem or issue clearly. Companies monitor these customer service calls to make sure their people are doing the right thing. They are there to help, but you must help yourself as well, by being prepared and communicating in an understanding manner. I haven't had much contact with Taurus service, since I haven't really had any major problems with their products. But the times I have called, they have been helpful and have answered my questions. They want your continued business, and will make it right for you if you have any problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I called Taurus the other day because I lost the yoke retaining spring for my Tracker 627. The guy asked for my address and told me I'd have it in 7-10 days. I asked "Don't you need my payment information?" He replied "No, we aren't going to charge you."

Free gun parts make me happy.
;D

·
Registered
625 Posts
I had to call a while back and also got very friendly customer service and had a reply in minutes. No problems.

Todd

·
Registered
1 Posts
good taurus service experience

bought new 941 revolver....fired it same day of purchase......did not fire every time , single action....thought hammer spring might need adjustment.... called taurus same day....next morning returned revolver, prepaid fed x........got revolver back in 9 days.....with no comments....called taurus and they reported they replaced firing pin and spring and fired 24 rounds of win. 40 grain to test........quality control might need some improvement, but service was excellent......i own 3 other taurus guns, 38 spec. and 9mm.....all have been very good weapons.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome to this fine forum, and you may have the record for reviving an old post--almost 4 years!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
michaelfm said:
When contacting customer service, be prepared before you make the call. Most of the problems you hear about are created by the customers themselves, who are not communicating effectively. Know what you need, or be able to explain your problem or issue clearly. Companies monitor these customer service calls to make sure their people are doing the right thing. They are there to help, but you must help yourself as well, by being prepared and communicating in an understanding manner. I haven't had much contact with Taurus service, since I haven't really had any major problems with their products. But the times I have called, they have been helpful and have answered my questions. They want your continued business, and will make it right for you if you have any problems.
Well...this advice may be four-years-old, but it is timeless advice.

It would make a good "sticky".

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
dansfarm1:

Welcome to the forum.

As an active member here at TaurusArmed.net, I can attest to the fact that it’s great to have such a vast resource of Taurus information and personal experiences, literally, at the end of your fingertips.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts