Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taurus must have invested heavy in their online web customer service.

I was able to get help right away using their online chat .
Heck it was even 6:30pm mountain time.

They were able to answer my concerns and get my service order number in minutes.

Surprised as you used to have to try them as early as possible in the morning.

Hmmmmm. Maybe they are turning the corner.

Sent from my 9024W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
901 Posts
Hmmmmm. Maybe they are turning the corner.
Yes- absolutely hope they can turn that corner.

Good to hear that they resolved your issue quickly and to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To little to late as far as i am concerned. I am down to 1 Taurus handgun and no more for me especially without the lifetime warranty.
Wow I didn't realize they limited their warranty to models built before January 2017.

Hmmmmmmm

Sent from my 9024W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
Yes- absolutely hope they can turn that corner.

Good to hear that they resolved your issue quickly and to your satisfaction.

What issue did they solve? According to the o p all they did was answer a few questions and fill out a service order request. He use the online chat, he didn't call on the telephone. The telephone takes awhile to get an answer the online chat has always been reasonably quick to get a person to talk to. Let's see how long it takes them to fix his problem.

Don

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dang you guys are harsh. I hadn't seen the gun I sent in for service on the web. I got service within one minute of signing on chat and gun.located and work order number within two. Of course I got the standard line of up to 12 weeks for completion of repair. I recived follow yo letter today.

Still my 94 5 inch barrel had new firing pin installed 3 weeks from shipment to return to house and I was able to track on web page.

That's better than it was. So to me that's an improvement.

To each his own. Lol

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37,064 Posts
Dang you guys are harsh. I hadn't seen the gun I sent in for service on the web. I got service within one minute of signing on chat and gun.located and work order number within two. Of course I got the standard line of up to 12 weeks for completion of repair. I recived follow yo letter today.

Still my 94 5 inch barrel had new firing pin installed 3 weeks from shipment to return to house and I was able to track on web page.

That's better than it was. So to me that's an improvement.

To each his own. Lol

Harsh or Experienced??
See I have needed to sent 5 of 9 newly purchased Taurus weapons back to the mothership for repair, some with not a good outcome and lengthy repair times.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow that's a lot of returns. Were they new production dates

·
Registered
37,064 Posts
Wow that's a lot of returns. Were they new production dates

yep!
everyone was new except the 24/7 OSS as well as thoroughly checked out before purchase about as well as one can check out a new weapon without firing it.
In the case of the TCP I actually passed on the first 3 that the clerk showed me, did the same with one of the 24/7 and bought the second one shown
for the record I have owned a PT99 (1987) flawless so far, 4 PT1911, 2 of which was returned, a 709 that was flawless but did not fit me, two 24/7 C (of course they are now under recall) , a 24/7 OSS that was returned to the factory, the TCP that was returned to the factory,
so actually that's 5 out of 10 that was returned for repair.
The main problem here is that trade in value IF you can get a gun shop to accept them as trade is so low that its ridiculous to even take that amount of money.
I am certainly NOT saying that this is everyones experience with the brand , only mine and MY choice as to not purchase any new guns from them.
I just don't need the headache and frustration of taking a firearm to the range to enjoy and have constant problems, not to mention the scenario of actually carrying them for defense and having that lingering question in the back of my mind is this thing going o work IF my life is on the line.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts