Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent my PT111 G2 SS to Taurus Customer Service because it has had a failure to feed issue since purchasing the gun less than 3 months ago. When I received the gun back from Taurus, the warranty repair sheet said they had replaced the recoil spring and barrel. When I checked the barrel, they had replaced the stainless barrel with a blue barrel. I am not very happy about this, but my spouse is saying that Taurus may not replace the barrel without an additional charge. I am upset that my brand new gun doesn't have the correct barrel anymore. Do I have a valid complaint?

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Not sure what to say about the blue barrel. Perhaps you might try contacting a rep at customer service; & ask about it.

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
Sure you have a valid complaint. Call CS and ask them to send you a return ticket and correct their mistake. It may be that they didn't have a SS barrel and put a Blue one in in order to get your gun back to you, but they should have asked you first. I'm sure they will make it right.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
I personally would not be bothered by it as long as it works. On principal I do agree they should provide you with the same parts when doing repairs. Give CS a call.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Yes, do send it back. They should make it right.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I never saw or ever heard of a blued barrel in a PT111 G2. Something doesn't sound right. I would like to see a picture of that blue barrel installed in a PT111 G2.
Are PT709 barrels blue and will they fit a PT111 G2? Hmmm, interesting

·
Registered
21,118 Posts
I wouldn't be happy either. Call them on it.

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sorry to hear they did this to you and I wouldn't except that barrel at all even if it worked. Does the barrel fit exactly like your original one? The 709 barrel is 3" and the PT111 G2s is 3.20" so it's shorter. I went to my gun shop and tried a 709 barrel in my G2 and it was too short. Not sure if there are different gens of the 709 but the one I tried didn't work. I do believe the 709SS has a SS barrel but they are .20" shorter than the G2's barrel anyway.
I'm in a similar situation but I am praying they send the exact barrel I just sent to them. A SS one with the polished top portion. As I've stated in another thread Taurus finally agreed to replace my barrel due to the chamber being out of round and causing blow back of powder. I send the barrel in and called then to make sure the supervisor received it but I didn't get to talk to her. What I was told by a regular CS agent it listed in the notes of my service order that they were sending me a pt709 barrel. This made me nervous because I knew it was shorter. I immediately sent am email to the supervisor asking her to call me asap because of what I was told. She called the next day so while talking to the supervisor I explained I tested a 709 barrel that didn't work and that I only wanted the exact barrel, SS with polished top. Also said I would except any other barrel besides a Pt111 G2 barrel in SS with the polished top. Hopefully I get the correct one because I've had enough of this going back and fourth with those people down there. Thursday I will find out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I called Taurus Customer Service this morning and asked them about getting the blue barrel replaced with the stainless barrel that is supposed to be on the PT111 GS SS. The reason they had replaced with a blue barrel instead of the stainless barrel was because the stainless barrel was out of stock and on backorder with no ETA available. At first, the customer service rep only gave me the option of shipping my gun back to Taurus and waiting for months for the part to arrive. I was not happy with this option, and asked if it would be possible to get the barrel replaced after the stainless barrel was back in stock, and be able to keep and use my gun until the part was available. The customer service rep talked with his supervisor, and they agreed to put a note on my account so that I can get the barrel replaced when the stainless barrel is available.

I am satisfied with the response from Taurus Customer Service. Also hoping that my gun no longer has failure to feed issues and will be taking it to the range this weekend to try It out. Thanks for the support guys!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry to hear they did this to you and I wouldn't except that barrel at all even if it worked. Does the barrel fit exactly like your original one? The 709 barrel is 3" and the PT111 G2s is 3.20" so it's shorter. I went to my gun shop and tried a 709 barrel in my G2 and it was too short. Not sure if there are different gens of the 709 but the one I tried didn't work. I do believe the 709SS has a SS barrel but they are .20" shorter than the G2's barrel anyway.
I'm in a similar situation but I am praying they send the exact barrel I just sent to them. A SS one with the polished top portion. As I've stated in another thread Taurus finally agreed to replace my barrel due to the chamber being out of round and causing blow back of powder. I send the barrel in and called then to make sure the supervisor received it but I didn't get to talk to her. What I was told by a regular CS agent it listed in the notes of my service order that they were sending me a pt709 barrel. This made me nervous because I knew it was shorter. I immediately sent am email to the supervisor asking her to call me asap because of what I was told. She called the next day so while talking to the supervisor I explained I tested a 709 barrel that didn't work and that I only wanted the exact barrel, SS with polished top. Also said I would except any other barrel besides a Pt111 G2 barrel in SS with the polished top. Hopefully I get the correct one because I've had enough of this going back and fourth with those people down there. Thursday I will find out.
Good luck with getting your barrel replaced. The blue barrel that customer service sent back with my gun appears to be the same length, and was made for the PT111 G2 with the blue/black finish. I was able to get an agreement with customer service to get the barrel replaced once they got a stainless barrel in stock, and still be able to keep and use my gun until then. Hoping the failure to feed issues are fixed and planning to take it to the range this weekend.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I called Taurus Customer Service this morning and asked them about getting the blue barrel replaced with the stainless barrel that is supposed to be on the PT111 GS SS. The reason they had replaced with a blue barrel instead of the stainless barrel was because the stainless barrel was out of stock and on backorder with no ETA available. At first, the customer service rep only gave me the option of shipping my gun back to Taurus and waiting for months for the part to arrive. I was not happy with this option, and asked if it would be possible to get the barrel replaced after the stainless barrel was back in stock, and be able to keep and use my gun until the part was available. The customer service rep talked with his supervisor, and they agreed to put a note on my account so that I can get the barrel replaced when the stainless barrel is available.

I am satisfied with the response from Taurus Customer Service. Also hoping that my gun no longer has failure to feed issues and will be taking it to the range this weekend to try It out. Thanks for the support guys!
z2ede7a22,i.nhxx323m857//////////5/m87.dd

Okay, this is what happened....I was cleaning the lint out of my keyboard with my pocket knife and somehow I replied with this jibberish. ROFLOL

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
I hope they put you on some sort of E-mail alert to let you know when the SS barrel is in. Otherwise, you will have to call them once a month to check the status. I hope all works out in the long run.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
The blued version PT111 G2 and PT140 G2 come with a non coated stainless barrel that is polished on the top (exactly the same barrel as the SS version).

·
Registered
36,649 Posts
z2ede7a22,i.nhxx323m857//////////5/m87.dd

Okay, this is what happened....I was cleaning the lint out of my keyboard with my pocket knife and somehow I replied with this jibberish. ROFLOL
DAMN!!
I got to quit drinking beer this early!
I actually understood what you typed!!----------------------:eek:hmy:
although I don't agree with what you said about Milpro in the message!

·
Registered
36,649 Posts
I hope they put you on some sort of E-mail alert to let you know when the SS barrel is in. Otherwise, you will have to call them once a month to check the status. I hope all works out in the long run.:thumb:
NO ED!
we don't have any blue doors for a 2014 Cadillac, just throw a red door on it and the customer will probally never notice it!
"QUALITY CONTROL"--------------:bang:

NO don't mention it, they will call If they notice!!!

Reactions: oso and FreeInAZ

·
Registered
187 Posts
Like some of the others have said, my G2 has the SS barrel. I wonder what that blued barrel is from?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I wouldn't be happy about that, but at least you got it back in the meantime. I'd be calling often to remind them they said they'd replace it later & "check on it".

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
So far I am not enchanted with the new Taurus C.S. after you know who left........

1 - 20 of 35 Posts