Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post so I thought I would make it a happy one. :) Last year I bought a 605SS2 5-shot 38/357 snubby revolver at a gun show. Advertised as new but when I got it home, I found it wasn't. Charge holes coated with carbon (at ends -- someone must have shot a lot of .38 in the gun) and the trigger was hard to pull.

Had a friend who is a gunsmith look at it and he found the hammer pin was cracked at the frame. Sent it back to Taurus. OK, it took about 5 months (!!!) to get it back. But ....... Taurus found it not repairable and sent me a brand new revolver in its place!

So I bought a heavily used revolver (for a decent price) and after an annoying wait, I got a new gun back from Taurus. I thought that was pretty good CS. After a good quantity of shooting (mostly 357) I found the POI was way off! Looked at it real good and the barrel was turned about 1 degree. Ouch!

Sent it back again :mad: and they straightened the barrel and sent it back in about 10 days. Annoying but still pretty good service. So much so that I went and bought a new (from a local store) another 605B2 5-shot 38/357 in blue to keep my highly travelled SS gun company in the safe. :)

·
5,686 Posts
Sounds like they did as they promised they would. I like stories with happy endings. Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
You did a good job at a happy first, bingo. Welcome from South Tulsa. :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome, folks! I wasn't much of a revolver guy but I wanted a three fitty seven and that little Taurus 605 fit the bill. As I wrote, I like it so much I bought a blued (black!) one to keep it company. Two pistols I like a lot. I carry them in an ankle holster. I like it!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Nice! That's the same story I had with my first North American Arms revolver (a Black Widow), although different issues caused the replacement. Good to hear Taurus made it right.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Welcome!! Taurus has done good by me, also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts