Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cheaper Than Dirt has Taurus .45 ACP, 185-Grain Copper HEX Hollow Point Bullet, 20 Rounds Per Box for sale for $11.99 a box. 99.95% pure copper bullets loaded specifically for handgun superiority. Manufactured by Barnes Bullets, Inc. Propelled by a special Hodgdon powder and loaded by PMC Ammunition in their fine, thick web, premium nickelplated cases.

URL is http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/32141-18848-207.html

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dilbertnomore said:
Cheaper Than Dirt has Taurus .45 ACP, 185-Grain Copper HEX Hollow Point Bullet, 20 Rounds Per Box for sale for $11.99 a box. 99.95% pure copper bullets loaded specifically for handgun superiority. Manufactured by Barnes Bullets, Inc. Propelled by a special Hodgdon powder and loaded by PMC Ammunition in their fine, thick web, premium nickelplated cases.

URL is http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/32141-18848-207.html
Those things open to 3/4 inch.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i saw those how are they to other brand names everybody talks about?is 3/4 inch good for a 45cal?

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
The reviews sound extremely favorable. I've been intrigued by this ammo before, just because of the Taurus affiliation and will have to definitely pick up a box or two in the future.

Works in Glock 36, 01/14/2008
Reviewer: KS.G36
Ran a box through my Glock 36 as an end to a practice session. In this limited experience, every shot was accurate to my available standards. I noticed the barrel needed an extra swipe with the brush afterward. But even if it was the Taurus ammo that did it, I swab the bore after every practice anyway. 5 bullets on value for price with this cartridge's bullet.

Best accuracy, 08/22/2007
Reviewer: Grayrock
I tried out several of the most popular cartridges in my PT145. The Taurus Hex ammo was the most accurate. I highly recommend it. Check out other reviews at www.thehighroad.org . I give it 2 guns up!!

One of the best ammo!, 08/09/2007
Reviewer: Kelvin rincon-Galue
Outstanding performance out of my Taurus 24/7 .45ACP (4") No problem what so ever, it is very accurate and it expands up to 0.84" and penetrated deeply after going through 4 layers of denim, water jug and wet phone books! It has low recoil as expected from a 185gr, better for faster follow ups. The copper being stronger and harder metal than lead, it compromises for being 185gr vs. 230gr. (in my opinion!) And the price is very cheap! Hurry Taurus stop production of this ammo!

·
Registered
63 Posts
fltrucker73 said:
i saw those how are they to other brand names everybody talks about?is 3/4 inch good for a 45cal?
Corbon makes a cartridge with the same bullet.

Not only is 3/4 inch good, this bullet is very consistent in expanding and maintaining its petaled shape well.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Is there anything like this available in 9mm or is it too small of a bullet to benefit from full copper? Seems these would be #1 in any home-defense gun!

If not, I'll be buying up a fair amount (if they are going out of production?) for my soon-to-be 24/7.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Corbon DPX uses the same bullet but I think more R&D has gone into them.
http://www.dakotaammo.net/products/corbon/dpx.htm

I'm not sure if the Taurus ammo is still in production. I heard once (but am not sure about) that Corbon is the only user of these bullets for a handgun.

Steelheart

·
Registered
63 Posts
sholiz said:
Is there anything like this available in 9mm or is it too small of a bullet to benefit from full copper? Seems these would be #1 in any home-defense gun!
Rumor had it Taurus would go on to 9mm and .40 cal., but I have found no evidence they did.

Corbon's DPX, using the same Barnes X bullet is available in a pile of rifle and handgun calibers.

Note, Taurus never manufactured ammo, rather sub-contracted PMC to make the .45.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts