Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you might remember my old thread about part compatibility.
Well it's sloppy and way out dated I thought i'd start fresh with a new thread.

view the old one here: http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=3839.0

the new format is in a open office writer document.
I'll be posting updates in PDF form.

It's to much hassle to deal with the boards table feature.
if there is a strong demand I may post it here in jpg form.

anyway I built the new list from scratch.. which means I might have screwed something up.. infact despite best efforts I almost surely did.

Let me know if you find any misinformation. As before I welcome any input on how
I can improve or make more accurate if you know something I do not.

because the file is a little over 1mb it's to large to attach directly to the thread.. i've had to use off site storage.

http://www.filedropper.com/taurusberetta92partlist

EDIT: bah i knew i'd forget something.
frame entry is wrong.. also i forgot to add a explanation on lanyard loops in the appendix.
oh well minor things, i'll take care of those next updates.

August 21st update: http://hotfile.com/dl/63539632/25cb81c/taurus_beretta_92_compatibility_list_(aug_21_2010).pdf.html

Vismin has graciously offered to host the file, you can download directly
https://files.me.com/visualministries/u225c5

·
Registered
347 Posts
WOW,

Thanks Joe. You really did a good job on that.
It answers so many questions in an easy to
understand format.

It must have been a PITB to get that togather.

I appreciate the effort you have put out. I
have learned more on this forum in such a short
time. It is folks like you that make it happen.

My hat's off to ya,

Tabdog

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I've had a problem seeing some of those type in things that change constantly. They often don't load and if you hit reload image it gives a 404 error then will do it from then on. IE 8 worked fine for me and this is the latest version of firefox also with few add ons. Not a big deal though I've had other things firefox won't down load or install such as my security camera system which I can watch in IE 8 but refuses to install in Firefox.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'll be fixing some stuff in it and posting a new one later today.. i'll upload it to hotfile.. thats a good service.. i only used this one cause i heard it was the simplest.. i was hoping i could hot link to it but apparently not so it's no better then any other file service.
i never used htem before yesterday.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok update uploaded to hotfile for your scrutiny let me know if you find any misinformation... hopefully you guys dont have any problems with them they're pretty good imo.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just remember dont take it as the gospel i could have type-o's or flat out be wrong about some stuff, im not a expert just a fan.

thats why i encourage any mistakes or if you have any new information to let me know so i can improve the accuracy.

with that said i hope you guys find it useful.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Great write up Joe! Very informative.

I should mention that the link to the file that I'm hosting is a direct download, and it may seem like you get a blank page at first, don't worry, the file should start downloading right away.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just an FYI, I ordered an extra all-metal trigger for a Beretta 92 and tried to install it on my PT917CS and it didn't work; it's too long. Pulling back on the trigger has it hitting the guard after about a 1/4 inch of travel. I would suspect this to be the same for the PT92AFS since I believe the frames are mostly similar.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Taurus/Beretta 92 Part Compatibility List v2 0

heard bad things from taurus autos a while back... never anything bad about their wheelguns though...

but hell, i am sure that any problems they had have been worked out by now... i would just steer clear of NEW models.

buddy has a PT92?? whichever the beretta knock off is... and i like it better than the beretta.

just my .02

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was supposed to send mine back to Taurus, but FedEx has changed the rules. I also read some horror stories about the foremention's cs.. So I might just get new barrel, to be sure. I'm looking at one from EKFiredragon. Anybody have experience with them? Midwest has a couple too. Who's do you think is best?
While looking, I saw a sweet 22 conversion kit from Ciener on Midway. What do you think?

thanks ahead of time

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
The conversion kit is nice at least mine has been. I got it with 2 magazines a while back from Ciener directly and glad to see Midway carrying them now.

As for Taurus CS, I sent my PT111Pro back recently with a total 5 day turnaround. They replaced and repaired some minor problems with good results. I had put over 3000 rounds through the gun before it needed a recoil spring and some other minor things taken care of. I have no complaints with their CS as I've received it to date.

I might add one more note on their CS also. I bought my wife a PT911 with gold trim and rosewood grips. The gun that I bought didn't have the rosewood grips when it arrived. A month later after 2 calls to CS they sent me the grips on their dime. It seems they where on back order. Same with other parts I've purchased they have never charged me of anything other than an extra recoil spring I purchased.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Great job! I see where the list doesn't recommend the M9 mag mod ... fair enough ... but I did three of them in about 15 minutes this afternoon and they work great! I understand your point about not doing it if they don't match well. Thanks for the list!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.