Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, picked up my first Taurus, a Millennium G2 pt111, and have definitely been impressed so far. One thing I did notice was that when I was shooting/holding various models of other sub compact and compact models, the G2 style of beaver tail is fairly short and a little more rounded in comparison. While I like the way the G2 feels in my hand, I wouldn't say I have the most secure grip while shooting it compared to other models. Was just curious if anyone else noticed this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have guns that I liked because they were easy to pack, and others I liked because they were easy to shoot. I ended up liking to shoot alot so I gravitated towards my pistols that were the most fun to shoot, most dependable to shoot and that I was the most accurate with. Problem is, most of the small guns that were easier to pack weren't always the most fun to shoot so I didn't shoot them as much as I should have. So I picked up a gun that I love to shoot and will now start packing it. I traded in a PT709 Slim for a PT809 and I love it. Its bigger to pack for sure, but I love shooting this pistol so to me its worth the trade for the bigger pistol and to pack the extra weight knowing I have a very comfortable shooting pistol that has 18 rounds and is very accurate and dependable. Nothing wrong with the 709, but in a gun fight, I want as many bullets as possible if it should ever come to that. I also carry at least one xtra mag, all the time, and sometimes 2. It just takes a nicer belt to hold it all up. I'm 6', 185lbs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea as I'm new to CC I'll probably have to make that decision myself one day. Just found it interesting that Taurus designed the beavertail this way and while I've gotten used to the trigger and the long pull, this is really the only other minor change I would make.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts