Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some serious qualified advice on how to resolve the problem described below. Sending the weapon to Taurus is not an option. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I just purchased a new Taurus 905 (9mm) revolver and I note that the cylinder stop sometimes sticks momentarily in the down position after I close the cylinder. The cylinder will sometimes rotate 2-3 times by hand before the stop engages the cylinder. Also, when the cylinder is open, the stop doesn't seem to have much "spring" to it when I depress it with my thumb. An extremely slight pull on the hammer or wiggle on the trigger will cause the stop to pop back up again.

I cleaned and lubed the weapon prior to shooting about 50rds The problem does not occur at all while shooting, but only after reloading and closing the cylinder and then, not all the time. And yes, I've made sure the cylinder is closed fully and correctly.

The weapon is very accurate and I really like it a lot. But this thing with the cylinder stop has me concerned.

Ideas......suggestions anyone?

Regards,

g19erusa

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, Gentlemen, for your assistance.

The information regarding the cylinder stop plunger was right on point. Saturation oiling did the deed!

g19erusa

1 - 2 of 2 Posts