Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been covered before, I am new to this forum.
CDNN has offered Taurus Mfg ammo with barnes bullets for $14- for 20 rds of .45 . has anyone used this? I don't know if they still offer it, but that is a good deal for defense ammo!

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
It looks promising. I thought about trying some, but didn't becase I didn't want to change from the Hydra Shoks I use.

It seems like I remember someone reviewing it on a site somewhere and they seemed to like it.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
But you make the big bucks!! :)

I just took delivery of 50 rounds FMJ 45 colt 200 for 17.00, and 50 of JHP 250 for 19.00. I bought several boxes at that price. :rolleyes:

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Robby said:
But you make the big bucks!! :)
How sadly mistaken you are. :(

I actually beat the guy up on the price for that. It was going to be 52 bucks for the 2 boxes. A hard bargain, I know, but every little it helps.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Of course you knew I was teasing, except about the big bucks. :D

I have been following the ammo situations for almost a year. Prices may go even higher. I know the one I bought from recently has already increase his prices for my next purchase. Only about $2 per box, but like he said Good brass, and lead have been going up.

·
Registered
663 Posts
k9barco said:
CDNN has offered Taurus Mfg ammo with barnes bullets for $14- for 20 rds of .45 . has anyone used this?
I bought some and sort of tested them. In water they open perfectly (at about 14 inches) and always look just like the magazine and internet photos. I bought more and keep my SD magazines loaded with them. I'm now looking at one with 6 prongs (copper, of course) 3/4 of an inch across. (something I'd REALLY not like having dug out of me if I accidentally lived {shivver})

JimL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts