Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taurus 992 cci-velocitor.jpg
Taurus 992 cci-mini mags.jpg

The above pictures are from today (1/28/12) targets using my Taurus 992 with CCI velocitors and mini mags. The groups are from a 25 yard, benched (not the best set up) with a scope 2x6, set at the 6x power. The rest was a hard plastic range piece and the weather was windy (it rocked targed back and forth a little. In other words, under better conditions I have made groups under one inch before. The picture squares are 1"x1" for your information.

Finally someone instructed me how to post pics. Thank you.

Camba

·
Super Moderator
26,970 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2012-02-01 23.10.04.JPG
The Taurus 992 is the black revolver and the Taurus 218 bee is the stainless. Unfortunately, after I did the session with the 992, I switch the scope and mounts to the 218 bee for some load development. Next time I go to the range (this coming weekend) I will be trying my 218 bee loads and then I will switch again. The looks are about the same since both revolvers are Trackers and the scope mount fit both.

Camba

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Ahh...what a nice pair of revolvers!:guns:

Thanks for sharing the range report and the photos.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a Simmons 2x6 variable scope (cross hair type I supposed). The Taurus Tracker mount fits both of the tracker revolvers. I only use the scope just to check loads.
I prefer open sights once I find the load the gun likes best.

Camba

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. It looks like yours has the same basic reticle as mine if this is your type of scope. ProHunter Pistol Scope 2-6x 32mm Truplex Reticle Silver

I have a simpler version of Simmons. A 4x fixed power. ProHunter Pistol Scope 4x 32mm Truplex Reticle Matte

I have thought about putting it on a .22 LR/.22 Mag revolver to try it out at 25 yards or so. Right now, the scope is actually mounted on a rifle in a "scout" mount. It works well on the rifle, but the eye relief on the rifle is not optimum. I just have to get another scope mount to make it go on the revolver.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Nice revolvers! It looks like you have a great start on getting the most accuracy out of them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Revolver fan,

I am impressed with this revolver (992) accuracy. I have not yet given it a good test at the bench. I had been using the range's provided plastic staggered rest and it is not easy to get a steady rest with it. I have another type of rest but I don't want the cylinder gases to damage it.

Open sights is very accurate too.

Camba

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Taurus 992 open sight 7 yds.jpg
I found a new load that it makes it a tack driver - See the 7 yard test (benched) with open sights using Federal Lightning 22 LR and also Velocitors for comparison.
Camba

1 - 12 of 12 Posts