Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5 inch SS 94 22LR. Love it!!! Only shot it twice, but it was very accurate, smooth, and fun. I like its size. Light, and a good balance between big enough for accuracy and small enough to not just be a range gun.

Also, although i have no tested it for myself, looking at ballistics it seams you get a good deal of the speed out of a 5 inch 22lr that you would a full size gun. What maybe 75% or 80%. Didnt run the numbers exactly but at a glance seamed it retained a good portion.

For me, this gun will be for target, and for small game. Nice to have while in the woods for rabbit, squirrel, grouse, plinking at random stuff, whatever!

Although it is a bit longer than my 2 and 3 inch ruger sp101 357s, all our hammer DA and it will be my cheap way to train.

Couple things i noticed about the 94: DA really isnt all that bad. Not great but really not bad. Single action i was pleased with. Overal weight is perfect for a 22lr in its size. To me the Tracker 22 is way to heavy. Not one i would want to carry along with one of my 357s on a woods walk. But i will say the tracker pointed better. Being the 94 is lighter, with the decent sized barrel it seams to wobble a bit on the front end while aiming. Even still, grouping 2" at 20 yards is good for me with a gun i am not used to yet.

So.... Tell me about yours! Gun details, your experience, modifications, or anything else you have noticed, liked, disliked, issues, whatever!

Pictures welcome!

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
Got the same model, but I replaced the grips with wood.

It's not as accurate as I would like, but I'm still working on my hold. i'd be overjoyed with 2" at 20 yards. I'm lucky to get 6" at 25.

DA trigger sucked big time. I cut 1 1/2 coils off the hammer spring and replaced the trigger spring with a 6-pounder for the Model 85. DA is now sweeter than saccharine. I can feel the point at which the sear is about to let go, hold there, and twitch when I'm ready.

I punch paper and the occasional rogue pop can. I carry a small game license, but at the places I hang out rabbits are scarce. Except in my back yard, where the buggers love nesting under my shed, but discharging a firearm in the town limits is verboten. :(

As for velocity, no - the 5" barrel doesn't gain much over a 3 1/2",and is still quite a bit less than a 21" barrel. I chronoed .22 Mag through barrel lengths from 3 1/2" to 21" here. Granted, this was .22 mag, it .22LR, but I think the differences shown would apply just as well to LR.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I also have a M94ss5 and I am not going to part with it.
I found some Taurus wood handgrips on ebay. Just what the 94 needed. Really gives the gun some personality.
I have not shot the gun with these grips yet so no report for that.
Now a holster.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts