Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a blue taurus 94 with a 5 inch barrel the other day and took it out today. I have to say for the money I am happy with it.

First impression when I picked it up was that it looked good but had really heavy trigger pull but that was expected. I took it home and pulled it completely apart. It had lots of factory grease/oil/brown stuff in it and a few metal chips from machining. I cleaned it up and used FP-10 to lube it. I also installed a 9lb trigger return spring and a main spring from a model 85 (factory weight). This made the trigger lighter.

Shooting it today was fun. minor adjustments to the sights were needed to center goups up. I ran about 800 rounds through it. CCI mini-mags, federal bulk, automatch, and Winchester 333. The trigger is now smoother. No extraction issues as some others have talked about. I had 4 FTF's, 2 dud rounds (win 333) and 2 Fed that fired second time around. None of those were until I had about 500 rounds through it.

The intent behind this purchase was to give me a low cost option to practice DA revolver shooting and seems that it will work well for that.

·
Registered
29,960 Posts
.22 LR ammo is notorious for not being 100% reliable, hench, the heavy trigger pulls on most double action .22 rimfire guns.

I've got the stainless steel version of the model 94, and it's a keeper.

Glad you like yours too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the stainless 94 as well and love it. Want to bring that baby to life? Go get some Aguila Super Maximum rounds. You'll forget you're shooting a .22.

·
Registered
35 Posts
For those that have the 94, want would be the next progressive revolver to get from Taurus that's similar in looks, but chambered in a higher caliber?

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Congratulations on your 94. I've got a 990 that's a keeper.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Yeah, the .22 is my favorite, hours of fun blasting away at tin cans or paper targets for cheap. Rifle, pistol or wheel gun I just love them all....

Brand Logo Graphics

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Yep!! I also have the 94, blued with the 4" barrel! The trigger is tough in DA, so I usually shoot it SA for fun. I agree .22 in any gun is a blast!!

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congratulations on your new M94, they're great little revolvers and the price makes them very attractive to boot!

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Yeah, the .22 is my favorite, hours of fun blasting away at tin cans or paper targets for cheap. Rifle, pistol or wheel gun I just love them all....
Yeah, that's why I traded my my Savage Edge for my Beretta Neos. Here in IA, we are restricted to shotgun or muzzleloader across most of the state. Therefore, a .22 pistol is a much more practical firearm to have as compared to a 30.06 that I can't use. The .22 does give hours of fun for not a lot of money.

·
Registered
810 Posts
"For those that have the 94, want would be the next progressive revolver to get from Taurus that's similar in looks, but chambered in a higher caliber? "

Any of their non-Tracker style .38 special revolvers would look 'similar' and be the next step up in caliber? A lot of folks buy a .38/.357 to get the best of both worlds - high power SD capability and economical, low recoil plinking. Great calibers to reload too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts