Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just shot my Taurus 905 9mm.I setup at about 10’ away and firing it one handed 125gr lead it was ok nothing special accuracy was not there!
.Also accuracy might been better if it had a 4" barrel instead.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Yeah, a 4 inch barrel definitely changes accuracy. Once you get used to those sights, i think you'll be fine.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
One handed could be part of the problem. Also start as close as neccesary to get where you want to be and then start moving backward, adjusting your style to reach POA.......

·
Registered
370 Posts
My 905 was surprisingly accurate for a little 2" snubbie... I haven't had enough range time with it to really dial it in, but I think with proper technique and practice it is going to be a great little shooter, and as accurate as I'll ever need it to be.
RevolverFan hit it... you have to ease into it, and get used to how it shoots.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
My eyes are not what they used to be...I was having some issues at the range. I got some chrome yellow paint and tipped the front sight with it. My 905 is right on and very comfortable to shoot and carry. After all it is a in close personal defense weapon. Keep shooting it will grow on you.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
"Perfect practice makes perfect shooting." ;) (wink, wink)

·
Registered
69 Posts
4in might improve accuracy.... but when I got mine out to the range (right after I picked it up from the LGS) I was impressed with it's accuracy for being such a short snubby. Between my old eyes, the gun being a snubby to begin with, and the stainless fixed sights, I was doing pretty darn good considering. I gave it a good cleaning and added some bright orange nail polish to the front sight blade to help me acquire it easier, but have not shot it yet since that. Might have to make it a point to do so.... I have another gun to test shoot as well since I replaced the extractor and spring (Semi Auto) on it. Could be a day to take both out for some fun and testing... and they are both the same caliber as well.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Let's see... Czechpoint has their 3in 9mm revolver. And gunbroker normally has a few 3 inchers showing. They even have a 4 incher now showing....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts