Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All my Taurus are semi-autos. PT22, PT92SS, PT111, PT709slim, 24/7 Pro, PT809. Looking into a revolver to use the same ammo 9mm. 905 is still in the Taurus 2012 catalog. Would like to see if anybody in here with the first hand experience. Thanks in advance.
I do have 2 38 special revolvers (one RG bought 26 years ago, one Ruger LCR both with 2" barrel) in my collection, not very fond of the strong recoils, thinking this 9mm 905 will be less recoil to manage.
---
James

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
I got my 905 because it was a great mate for my 709 9mm. It's nice having the same ammo for 2 guns. But now I've got 2 905s and many, many 9mm pistols... The recoil is not bad on the 905s. The stellar clips, for me, are just as fast as speedloaders. There are many threads in the Revolver section of this forum on the 905....

BTW-- Welcome from N Carolina!!!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Hi James,

I think a 905 would be a good idea, seeing as you already have a nice array of 9mm pistols.

We're glad to welcome you to the forum!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have no first hand experience, but I want a 9mm snub myself. The only possible downside I see is that the moonclips might be less comfortable in the pocket than the strip loaders. But half-moons wouldn't be bad.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Get the Ranch Products full moon clips, they are so much stronger...do a search for Ranch Products, they also have other firearm accessories..

That being said, reloading with the full moon clips are much faster than speedloaders or speedstrips...I found a plastic medicine bottle that I could fit 3 sets of full moon clips in, and tote that in my pocket, not only waterproof, but it does not rattle...you may have to search quite a bit to find one that fits, and will vary according to the size and length of the ammo.

I like my 905, I just bought it on a whim, however , using some +P+ 9mm ammo may really accelerate wear and tear on the 9mm..I would not advise it or even advise using +P to begin with.

I only wish mine was in stainless...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome. I can see one 905 in the near future for me. I bought most of my pistols at Academy Sports. Did not see any 905 there. Where did you guys get yours from, if I may ask?
---
James

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Get the Ranch Products full moon clips, they are so much stronger...do a search for Ranch Products, they also have other firearm accessories..

That being said, reloading with the full moon clips are much faster than speedloaders or speedstrips...I found a plastic medicine bottle that I could fit 3 sets of full moon clips in, and tote that in my pocket, not only waterproof, but it does not rattle...you may have to search quite a bit to find one that fits, and will vary according to the size and length of the ammo.

I like my 905, I just bought it on a whim, however , using some +P+ 9mm ammo may really accelerate wear and tear on the 9mm..I would not advise it or even advise using +P to begin with.

You can shoot +P in the 905s, according to the manual. There is the standard claim about excessive wear, though. Never +P+!!

You can use speedstrips in the 905. I have shot the 905 w/o the clips. W/o the clips, you have no use of the extracter, though.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I used to have a Ruger SP101 in 9mm, and it was nice, but heavy. I love the idea of having the same ammo in my pistol as I do in my revolver -- that's why I bought a 405.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can shoot +P in the 905s, according to the manual. There is the standard claim about excessive wear, though. Never +P+!!

You can use speedstrips in the 905. I have shot the 905 w/o the clips. W/o the clips, you have no use of the extracter, though.
So, the clips are optional? Won't hurt the gun or shooter? Interesting. Thanks.
--
James

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

The bottle idea is really creative. I love it. Thanks.
--
James

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
Just in case I missed your initial sign on....

Welcome aboard from
Florida the "GunShine" state.
:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts