Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
23,072 Posts
I have not, but I've done similar jobs. I don't think it takes a machine shop and 20 years' experience or anything. It should be doable. Just be extra careful if you're installing a tritium sight; you don't want to break the vial.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay, I'm sold that I need a Taurus 856 to give me the extra round that my J-frames lack. My sole reticence is that my beloved M&P 340 has an XS Big Dot front sight, and it has spoiled me. Bladed front sight were always a compromise that I could accept, but I'm less forgiving now.

But I noticed that the 856 Hammerless have a pinned front sight, and it got me wondering if anyone has heard about aftermarket sight options planned for these.

(My apologies if anyone else has asked this question...I searched and couldn't find it.)
Okay, I'm sold that I need a Taurus 856 to give me the extra round that my J-frames lack. My sole reticence is that my beloved M&P 340 has an XS Big Dot front sight, and it has spoiled me. Bladed front sight were always a compromise that I could accept, but I'm less forgiving now.

But I noticed that the 856 Hammerless have a pinned front sight, and it got me wondering if anyone has heard about aftermarket sight options planned for these.

(My apologies if anyone else has asked this question...I searched and couldn't find it.)
ShopTaurus.com has an Ameriglo Night Sight for their small frame revolvers for $30; got mine yesterday.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Why didn't Taurus pin the front sight on the 605s too? Recoil?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
View attachment 480202

Don't!
Give that job to a smith!
I did it without drama. Easy peasy. I bought the pinned version of the XS Big Dot, sanded the flange just a bit so it seated properly, and then held it in with duct tape so I could drill the pin hole. I did just a bit at a time, alternating working on both sides until I had a clean hole straight through the sight's flange. At that point I used Loctite to seat the sight, and then Loctite on the pin. 24 hours later it was fixed in place and good to go. Makes a HUGE difference in acquiring the sight for CQC.

·
Registered
Is there anything more fun than revolver shooting?
3 Posts
I contacted Ameriglo and they shut me right down: “Thanks for the interest in our sights, however the Taurus sights are available exclusively through Taurus.”
Here's a tritium option from AmeriGlo specifically for the 856 Ameriglo Front Orange Night Sight Small Frame Revolvers
It's only $30. Once you buy this sight you can go to a gun shop with your factory sight in hand and compare it other aftermarket sights to see if any are compatible with the 856.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Taurus has these front sights in stock now, $29.99 plus the ride.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I recently got an 856 Defender and it came with the Ameriglo sight installed plus the OEM sight with pin in a bag. I posted a photo of the gun in another topic but you can't see what the Ameriglo sight looks like in that photo. Ameriglo sight was easy to pickup/see while shooting at the range.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts