Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Not for me, but having choices isn't bad. Some folks will like them a lot.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Wonder who's idea that was?
Leave it to Taurus too come out with something that looks like a toy.
Oh well too each his own, just not for me.

·
Registered
17,315 Posts
Some things cannot be unseen.........
I agree with djh.....it looks like a toy.
Nothin more beautiful than a firearm with a nice deep, dark
bluing that you almost see in to.
Stainless is a close 2nd.

·
Registered
901 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I handled some of those at the SHOT Show in Vegas in January. I liked 'em, but probably wouldn't get one for myself. I never really been a fan of two-tone guns myself, but I think it's great that they're making these.

·
Registered
15,241 Posts
People actually bashing the colors but how many different color AR's have we seen? How many different color tupperware guns have we seen? How many different colors of powder coat have we seen for projectiles? Dissin on thew Taurus' sounds to me like the wrong hill to die on. I'm just happy that Taurus still exists as a company that makes firearms at this point.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
This brings me back to a post I made about the Taurus Spectrum 2 years ago on this very forum...

Tuco_Remírez said:
Personally, I don't care what hypocritical Mall Ninjas who absolutely MUST have every firearm in Flat Dark Earth, Desert Tan, OD Green, Carbon Fiber, or some sort of Camouflage say, there's nothing wrong with wanting to carry a firearm with a little style.

I've seen folks criticizing the Spectrum up and down, snickering about how the colors are just a silly gimmick which will only appeal to lady shooters, but as a grown man who's confident enough to openly like what I like without worrying about my manhood being called into question by strangers on the Internet, I have no shame in admitting that I like the look of the Black Spectrum with Mint Green grips/accents. It looks sharp to me, and that's all that matters.
"What difference does it make/tactical advantage does it provide for a pocket pistol?" I dunno, but I like the color.
I like it when firearms manufacturers offer their products in a wide variety of finishes. Clothing, automobiles, and practically everything else including toothbrushes come in multiple colors, so why not firearms as well? Some may consider the concept to be of exclusively feminine appeal, but they're most likely the sort who dresses extremely plainly, only drives pickup trucks in dark/plain colors, (bonus points if they never wash said truck and take a wrench to the muffler because dirty/loud equals manly) and spends every waking moment concerned about what others think of them.

I've seen folks argue that making a firearm too colorful can make it look like a toy, but so what? Personally, I've never been one to count on an attacker to cease and desist upon me drawing my firearm, so it makes no difference to me what they might think of the authenticity of my firearm.

At any rate, I think these look cool. Taurus is clearly taking a cue from Charter Arms with this one, which makes sense seeing as they're both in a similar price-range and therefore appeal to a similar market.

Reactions: loudviking

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Red and black or bronze and stainless. Yeah, I can see owning one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts