Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a model 85 snubbie which has a little rattle. Figured out that the firing pin block ( guess that what it's called ) is rattling. I can hear it when I shake the gun, both when cocked or uncocked. It seems to be in place when uncocked. It shoots just fine. I'm not the original owner. Is this something that should be taken care of right away? Will it get worse and possibly break? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My 85 is away doing guard duty at my folks home right now so I can't check it for rattles, but I can tell you mine is a good, solid gun that has never failed me in any way. My Tracker doesn't rattle though.

·
Super Moderator
35,066 Posts
Mine rattles. It's a "transfer bar" and not a hammer block if it was made since the early 90s. It's not a problem, normal.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Say, I don't know Taurus models all that well. What is a model 85 is it a .357 or .38 special...looks cool whatever it is.

I'm wondering if its frame size is the same as model 441 which is a .44 special.

If so, one could perhaps put some of those nifty Hogue wood grips on a model 441.

TB C45

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks for the model 85 info. I looked on the Hogue website for wood grips and model 85 is really sharp looking...I can see why you guys like it so much.

Would you say that gun's frame is as big as a S&W .38 special, or is it a bit smaller.

TB C45

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
The M85 is basically the same size as a Smith J frame. The two guns generally share speedloaders and holsters.

Steelheart

1 - 8 of 8 Posts