Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the Blackhawk holster that says "Taurus 85" on the box for my Taurus 85. Got it home and I can't get the gun in the holster. I have tried every trick in the book and I actually got it in after some manipulation but the holster so stuck on so well I had to use a hammer to knock it off my gun which in turn made me put a tiny dent in it. Well after explaing this to the Blackhawk sales rep this was his response.

Blackhawk Rep Response: I can give you and RMA number to send in that holster as a warranty replacement. I don’t think the new holster you get back will fit either, but your call. Just let me know and ill set it up. Thanks!

I sent him an emailing asking them why they make a holster for a Tuarus 85 if it doesn't fit that gun?? Does anyone else use the Blackhawk for their Taurus 85? If so, does it work?

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I haven't used their products, but I was considering one for my SR40 -- perhaps I will have to reconsider....

·
Registered
14,037 Posts
I see you also have a Taurus 327, is it a 2" or 3" barrel.....does it fit in the holster? Doesn't the Blackhawk have locking trigger release to them, by any chance is this where the hang up may be?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see you also have a Taurus 327, is it a 2" or 3" barrel.....does it fit in the holster? Doesn't the Blackhawk have locking trigger release to them, by any chance is this where the hang up may be?
My 327 didn't fit either, same basic frame. Trigger lock is def. not the issue it seems to be catching on the trigger guard on the gun. There are two scrap marks in the holster and there was plastic from the holster on the trigger guard when I knocked it off with the hammer. I guess I am confused why the REP said getting a different holster will make no difference. Do these holster for the Taurus 85 suck?? I am guessing they are getting a lot of returns on this, I basically told the guy I will return the holster until it works. I didn't buy the product just to throw it in the garbage, kind of poor CS to say something like that. These are not cheap I am a little surprised with the response. My 24/7 holster is one of the best holster I own but after this experience it might be the last Blackhawk I buy.

·
Registered
532 Posts
My Blackhawk Serpa, for the Taurus 85 fits my 605 very well. By any chance, is the screw too tight that adjusts the retention? I have it put away, now, so I don't know what model# it is, but the container did say Taurus model 85.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Blackhawk Serpa, for the Taurus 85 fits my 605 very well. By any chance, is the screw too tight that adjusts the retention? I have it put away, now, so I don't know what model# it is, but the container did say Taurus model 85.
Yea I removed the tention screw.....this is one of the not gonna happen holsters. I put the thing in hot hot water to try to loosen the holster to get it to hold, at least I didn't have to use a hammer to get it out but this holster is a no-go.

·
Registered
253 Posts
No experience with that model, but I have one for my glock 27 and love it! I also use a pocket holster from them for my 738. High quality stuff.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just got a M85 Poly Protector .38 spl. I went to Academy and got a Uncle Mikes IWB size 36 for it.Its a little snug but dose fit.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Unload the gun,check it three times to make shure it's unloaded. Put the gun in the holster and heat it with a hair dryer. When its warm, draw and reholster.several times. It should form to your 85. I've never done this with a BlackHawk, but have done it on other brands.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unload the gun,check it three times to make shure it's unloaded. Put the gun in the holster and heat it with a hair dryer. When its warm, draw and reholster.several times. It should form to your 85. I've never done this with a BlackHawk, but have done it on other brands.
Blackhawk is going to warranty it, if I get the same result I will try this or throw it away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts