·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: Armd2DaTeeth

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
FWIW: The local Academy Sports stores have the 809 on sale for $299. I don't know anything about the gun... there weren't many after Xmas sale pistols at Academy as there normally are.

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
I've never dealt with Cheaper Than Dirt, but...
Back in March I ordered a PT845 through Davidson's and the price was about $100.00 more than what CTD is advertising.
Heck of a deal!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
CTD is a Fort Worth company that is pretty legit. I have done quite a bit of business with them and have nothing negative to say. They ship fast and have good prices on ammo in particular.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
That's a fine deal!

Wish I had $315.00.

Reactions: Armd2DaTeeth

·
Registered
548 Posts
I got my OSS from thegunsource.com for $343.99 shipped which was the cheapest and they shipped the same day, although their site says could take 7-10 days to ship. Mine should be here today or tomorrow!!

The PT845 will be my next purchase come tax time though!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got my OSS from thegunsource.com for $343.99 shipped which was the cheapest and they shipped the same day, although their site says could take 7-10 days to ship. Mine should be here today or tomorrow!!

The PT845 will be my next purchase come tax time though!!
Before you take possession of the OSS, make sure to have your dealer look at the gun closely. TGS and it's multitude of websites has had run-ins with a couple folks here (midwesthuntersoutlet.com) was the one that a gentleman got a Taurus new in box PT945 I believe and he said it definitely looked used and then they gave him a run around. They also go by ar15pro.com, sigsauerpro.com, tgs.com, thegunsource.com, topglock.com and waltherpistols.com, none of which are BBB accredited and mostly rank a D- on a scale of A - F on the BBB scale.

·
Registered
548 Posts
It will be looked at closely. I read else where that they had good service and I really couldnt find a complaint. But I guess it would be hard to find a complaint with them having so many names. Im hopeful it will be unfired (except factory testing) and come in the original (black/white cardboard outter) Taurus box as well as the normal hard case and truly be NIB. I guess we will see tomorrow of Friday.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts