Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm now looking at this model because i want a CCW revolver as i have previously posted, but i like that it is 7 shot. It just seems like a world of difference to me between 5 shots as opposed to 7. Especially with a reload. The model is 21 oz. The grips look a bit large, but the length of the gun appears to be 6.5 inches the same as most other 2 inch barrell snubbies. I was wondering if anyone has this model and if it can be pocket carried?

I'm a very big guy who wears loose fitting pants. Baggy many would say.

I really like the 7 shot, and i currently have a 7 shot Taurus 66 and speedloaders. It would be ideal for me if this model can fit a pocket holster and be carried in that manner. I dont think the weight would be a problem. Im mainly worried about how much larger is the cylinder/grips

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
indie said:
i'm now looking at this model because i want a CCW revolver as i have previously posted, but i like that it is 7 shot. It just seems like a world of difference to me between 5 shots as opposed to 7. Especially with a reload. The model is 21 oz. The grips look a bit large, but the length of the gun appears to be 6.5 inches the same as most other 2 inch barrell snubbies. I was wondering if anyone has this model and if it can be pocket carried?
I'm a very big guy who wears loose fitting pants. Baggy many would say.

I really like the 7 shot, and i currently have a 7 shot Taurus 66 and speedloaders. It would be ideal for me if this model can fit a pocket holster and be carried in that manner. I dont think the weight would be a problem. Im mainly worried about how much larger is the cylinder/grips
The 817 comes with the "Ribber" grips ala Tracker series revolvers. If you look at the 617 revolver (Steel not Titanium); you'll see it comes with the smoother & thinner grips. Order a set of these grips from Taurus® & you will be all set for "pocket carry". These are the grips you should get: http://www.taurususa.com/products/31230920.htm Go here to order: http://www.taurususa.com/products/rgrips.cfm

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have the 617. I have carryed it in a front pocket and a back pocket it just maters how deep the pocket is. I don't like when the gun is too far down the leg. I like it up a little and more to the side. Most of my heavyer snubs are carryed in the waist and the lighter ones go in a pocket. As far as fitting in a pocket I don't see a problem.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
great! this sounds like it would be perfect for me then. i love the 7 shots. i know the 817 weighs about 7 oz less than the 617 so weight shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I think i've found my CCW =).

thanks for the advice on the grips Badge851!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
That does seem like a great price!! I have an 851 that I love - got a good deal on it also...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts