Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after having my 809 for a few months now; I think I have the issue narrowed down...

At the start I was kind of chalking it up to needing to break in the pistol, but thats not the case. I have run around 750 rounds through this pistol from cheap russian FMJ's to defense ammo.

Seem to be quite a few times out of both magazines that I'm getting an odd failure. I pull the trigger and click; round in chamber... I give the magazine a simple bump on the base plate and pistol fires just fine. When this happens I have checked and slide is all the way forward into battery; yet no fire. I decock to DA and it fires...

So I'm leaning towards the magazines might need to be tweaked a tad; but dont know.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
If there is a mag drop out lock, so it will not fire with the mag out, that could be the problem. However you said it fires in DA? Maybe not?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Well, this sucks...mine's only a little over a month old, but no issues. Firing pin issue maybe? Anybody with ideas out there?

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Haven't heard of this issue with any Tauri let alone an 809. Mine fires everything. Send it back or at least call them. If its less than a year old they'll pick up shipping both ways.

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts