Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if im posting in wrong place im a noob. But i was wondering what gun is better to conceal carry and which is most reliable? I have a Hi point .45 and shoots great no problems but its a brick so im selling it. I leave in a month in a half for active duty Army and need a gun that my fiance could also use. im 5'9" and about 205lbs. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Of the two choices listed I would probably go with the hi-point. The 738 is probably the better gun, but if your fiance is going to shoot it as well the c9 is going to be easier to manage under recoil and operate (racking the slide/trigger pull) The 738 is definately more concealable and lighter to carry.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I agree with Jim that the PT738 TCP may be a handful for your fiancee, unless she's an experienced shooter. However the Hi-Points with their cast slides are absolutely chunky and don't lend themselves well to concealment. You seem to be thinking 380, so some other options that are larger, but not THAT much larger and still easier to shoot would be the Walther PK380 or the Ruger LC380. See if you could shoot these or other options at a range. Also, there are some excellent single-stack 9mm pistols you can consider too.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The C9's heavier weight is an advantage in that it won't have the recoil and helps with accuracy. I have one and after people get over themselves telling me what a terrible gun it is they have to admit that it shoots where it is aimed. I can't shoot my buddy's compact 380, it hurts my hand, however I can single hand the C9.
Also mine fires everytime all the time!!!

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your upcoming Army service!

Fatboy

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have the lc380 ruger, great pistola, however i have[or i should say my wife has] the bersa thunder 380 cc, i like the bersa the best of the 2 due to it being
steel and very strong gun. Nothing wrong with the ruger and i like them a lot, but my wife took the bersa and aint no getting
that one back. She likes the way the grips feel.

Good luck

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm another C9 fan. This was my wife's first pistol (she picked it herself). She actually felt more comfortable with the heavier gun and the fixed barrel (it's straight blow-back design) makes it suprisingly accurate. Plus, hey, it's 9mm instead of .380.

Reactions: VILLAGE
1 - 8 of 8 Posts