Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Taurus 709 "slim" holster options

365K views 636 replies 352 participants last post by  HUD 
#1 ·
I'm starting this thread to try and consolidate reports of which holsters work with the new 709 pistol and which ones don't.

(although off topic from myself..., I cannot resist adding a photo of the 709 in comparison to a Walther P22. The Slim is essentially the same size as the P22 in every dimension, but far smoother under the clothes both to skim and to other people's eyes... plus it delivers about 3x the energy)

I've seen a few requests and information on other threads, but they are mixed in with all the other chatter about this new gun. I'm particularly interested in holsters for concealed carry.

So, fellow 709 owners please share your findings on which Holsters work with this new gun.

Personally, I've only tried out the Blackhawk Nylon AMBI 3-slot pancake holster, size 04. Says it was sized for Glock 26/27 and subcompact 9mm. Holds the gun real well, and great (for me) over the kidney. Stiil, a good IWB would work out far better with shorts.

Attachments

See less See more
#634 ·
Lost track of this post.

Usually my belt is over the trigger with the muzzle inside the watch pocket of my jeans. I took this just to show how it clips. The trigger is below that bar you see. The 709 has a pretty long double action trigger pull so I'm not overly concerned with it not being covered.

#635 ·
709/740 also has a safety.

#636 ·
#637 ·
I have two kydex holsters. One IWB and one OWB. Both were purchased from regular holster makers off the internet. I don't remember who, I've had them for a while and I don't tend to stick to any one seller. There are holster makers for the 709 though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.