Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
By "insight" do you mean "Where are they?", or what are they like? I don't know where they are, I had been looking for one for a few months. But I know a guy who had picked one up a year ago and decided that it was redundant for him to have that plus a Smith 986 so I agreed to buy his 692, 2.5".
What is the revolver like? It is heavy for a short-barreled revolver, the ribbed grips are comfortable and easy to hold on to, all this makes it easy to control even under .357 Magnum recoil. For beter or worse, the gun is tight: My B/C gap is .002" (bare minimum), the cylinder endshake is .002"(a little tight), the headspacing is .007"(again, a little tight); the cylinder throats are good for jacketed bullets but tight for lead; the 9mm chamber is also tight, good for factory ammo but I needed to crimp my reloads a little tighter than I had been doing. I was lucky enough to easily tweek a couple of my regular 9mm and 38 Spcl loads to hit to the same point of aim at 50' (for steel plate shooting). I liked this gun the first time I shot it, and the more I shoot it the more I like it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By "insight" do you mean "Where are they?", or what are they like? I don't know where they are, I had been looking for one for a few months. But I know a guy who had picked one up a year ago and decided that it was redundant for him to have that plus a Smith 986 so I agreed to buy his 692, 2.5".
What is the revolver like? It is heavy for a short-barreled revolver, the ribbed grips are comfortable and easy to hold on to, all this makes it easy to control even under .357 Magnum recoil. For beter or worse, the gun is tight: My B/C gap is .002" (bare minimum), the cylinder endshake is .002"(a little tight), the headspacing is .007"(again, a little tight); the cylinder throats are good for jacketed bullets but tight for lead; the 9mm chamber is also tight, good for factory ammo but I needed to crimp my reloads a little tighter than I had been doing. I was lucky enough to easily tweek a couple of my regular 9mm and 38 Spcl loads to hit to the same point of aim at 50' (for steel plate shooting). The more I liked this gun the first time I shot it, and the more I shoot it the more I like it.
I was looking more as to what people thought of them as a firearm and had there been any problems with them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts