Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which barrel length do you think is more popular?

Which barrel length do you think has more practical use?

I always go back and forth with barrel length. I feel the 3 inch barrel may be more popular but I think the 6 inch barrel is more practical. It takes full advantage of each cartridge's potential power and more accurate.

Sent from my 9024W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
The 6.5" with 9mm smacks steel very hard compared with my G19 or P-07. I'm still waiting on my 3" to come back. For a carry gun, I suspect the 3" will be better than most similar sized .38's.

Maloy

·
Registered
345 Posts
Per the OP:
Which barrel length do you think is more popular?

Which barrel length do you think has more practical use?

I always go back and forth with barrel length. I feel the 3 inch barrel may be more popular but I think the 6 inch barrel is more practical. It takes full advantage of each cartridge's potential power and more accurate.

I think he has answered his own question but it still makes a difference on the intended purpose (which wasn't stated). For CC the 3" is more popular and more practical. For hunting the 6.5" barrel (I'm thinking) would be more popular and more practical. For CC, the practicality of the 3" barrel (easier concealment) comes at the expense of the "full advantage of each cartridge's potential power and accuracy". For hunting, the practicality of the 6.5" barrel (
full advantage of each cartridge's potential power and accuracy) comes at the expense of easy concealment. Since hunting with a short barreled firearm is impractical (maybe even unlawful) and CCing with a 6.5" barreled firearm is impractical (but doable), I think the answer is clear once the intended purpose in known.
Flex

·
Registered
345 Posts
The long barrel is too heavy, for a 9mm gun, will cut some slots in the underlug to lighten it.
I think that one would have to cut an awful lot of slots or some pretty large ones, in the underlug to get ANY appreciable weight reduction ��. Not to mention what that would do to the appearance!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Look at cutout for the ejector rod, duplicate that going toward the muzzle with about 3/16" space between three of them cut all the way through. Remove about 60% of the under lug material. If I can get DA trigger pull down and find some wood grips that let's you get all the way to the back strap. I might be able to build a nice plate shooting gun.5

1 - 8 of 8 Posts