Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Taurus 689 in mint condition and am wanting to sell it. What would be a good honest price for it?

Thanks John

PS Its SS with a 6inch barel

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
$325 to $350

·
Registered
233 Posts
It all depends on where you are, what condition your 689 is in. It depends on whether it is blue or stainless, whether it is 4" or 6" and to echo the great MoonDawg, photos would make a huge difference in helping you with valuation. HAVING said that - I snooped at Gunbroker's "sold" section. Here's one that sold for $240 - condition looked rough, but the seller said it was good mechanically. Here's one that had the box, and was in nicer shape. The owner listed it for $395, no bids. - There were no bids for about 20 or 30 auctions where he kept relisting it for the same price, but it did finally sell for $420 or so. Here's a beautiful one that sold for $350. I think someone got a deal on that one. This one was covered in scuffs and scratches and sold for $235. (also a steal in my book) This one was in pretty much like new condition and sold for $415. Funny thing - the guy who bought it, turned around and sold it, with the SAME PHOTOGRAPHS, for $495. SO - what does yours look like?

Reactions: Qwiks draw

·
32,527 Posts
Just to cover the bases while everyone here can discuss the 689 (fine revolver, that) no buying, selling, or trading can take place out in the open forum here. I'm pretty sure that's not the problem here, but it has to be said. No problem here and no harm or foul.

·
Premium Member
11,062 Posts
If it's in good shape put a $400 price tag on it and wiggle around from there. .357 Magnums always get a better price, especially if they're in good to excellent condition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts