Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a Taurus 669 on layaway. It cost $300. The in house gunsmith has been through it and it has a 90 day warrantee against mechanical problems. The revolver is in excellent condition. I am not sure if the bluing has been touch up or not cause there appear to be some uneven tones. Otherwise there is no scratches and it looks almost new. Also it has a hogue monogrip. The original grips are not available. I was wondering if someone might have some input as to whether the revolver is worth this price and if I should look out for anything that I might have missed.

Thank you in advance.

By the way I am new and want to say high.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
That is a good price for a 669.4" or 6" barrel?If the cylinder lock up is tight and the timing is on it is a good deal at that price.My local GS has a 6" in very nice condition for $350.
You can easily get factory wood grips on GB but you may like it better with the Hogue's for shooting.

Welcome to the forum and post a pic when you get it.

·
32,530 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

The price sounds right.

Is this a stainless model or blued.
$375 for New in Box. $275 for Excellent. $220 for verry good.Add $60 for stainless steel.

Blue Book: $260 for 100% condition. $225 for 98%. $195 for 95%. $175 for 90%. Add $10 for vent rib. This is for the blued version.

$325 for 100%. $285 for 98%. $245 for 95%. $260 for 90%. Stainless steel version.

With prices and demand going up astronomically for firearms it sounds like you did alright.

I own 3 of them. One is a blued version and the other two are stainless steel 6 inch versions.

Hogue and Pachmayr have grips that will fit it if you need to change them.

For original handgrips there are some here that will fit.
Numrich Gun Parts Corp. - The World's Largest Supplier of Firearms Parts and Accessories

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
A big TaurusArmed.net welcome to you! :wave:

I'm sure that you will already agree that this forum is chock full of knowledgeable and friendly folks who are most willing to share their wisdom and experiences with you.:thumb:

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net! I have a 1996 Taurus® Mdl 669SS4CP, it is a super gun with over 12,000 rounds through it; w/o a hiccup of any kind. You done good Grasshopper!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts