Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Taurus newer model 66 with the locking hammer that I recently bought used. It didn't come with the locking hex tool. I contacted Taurus about a month ago and was told that they are on back order. Does anyone know where else I could get me one of those tools.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Is yours locked? If not I would just ignore it. Mine has a lock also, but I have no key. If it is locked any security hex key, the special allen wrench with a hole in the middle, the proper size will work.
If you must have a key I will check the ones that came with my PT-140. If they are the same I will let you know. I could be talked out of one pretty easily. :)

Welcome to the forum!

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Welcome to TA from Jacksonville, FL. I will check to see if my 405 came with an extra. If it did, you can have one. I will send a PM latter today.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I saw a couple on Ebay, but I do not know if all Taurus handguns use the same key.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Welcome from central Hellaware.. Nice choice on the 66..

·
Registered
696 Posts
Just checked the keys for my PT-140. They fit the 66 just fine. If you want one, PM my your address and I'll send you one.
It's all part of Pay-It-Forward. Then it will be your turn.
Dennis

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for sending the key Dennis, I will be looking for it. Mine is a 6" stainless manufactured 2004. I am still getting use to it but am really starting to get good grouping at 40 yds.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had to pass on a beautiful Taurus 66, SS, with a 4" barrel the other day. I was in the process of buying shotgun, and my wife wanted me to put something on layaway for her so I passed, but that 66 was as nice a looking gun as I ever saw. I asked another customer standing there to "buy it so I won't have to." It was gone the next day, so he may have.

Now that I think about it, it must have been an older one. It was a bright shiney thing, maybe nickle rather than SS now that I think about it If it was stainless it was polished to a bright shine. It did not have a full underlug barrel, but the nicer looking, IMHO, half lug. and the grips were the old style wood. Darn. Now that I think about it, I SHOULD have gotten it. (Ratzlefracken) I actually took it to be a Smith & Wesson Model 19 at first. I think they were asking $369.00 for it. (double ratzlefracken) <LOL> Oh well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts