Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only shop in Indy that has the 651 is Gander Mt. Nobody else has them, and Gallery of Guns does not have any either.

The one at GM is the stainless model, and they want $442 for it. Is that price okay given that there aren't any available elsewhere?

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Well, using the old web site for Taurus, that is only 5 under MSRP of 447. Seems a bit high in my book, unless they have gone up a lot that does not show on the web site. Just what I see. Budsgun shop sold the last ones they had in stock for 336. But they are currently out of stock.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It appears the 651 is in the same state as the Judge. Nobody has any 651's. There were only two on sale on gunbroker, both blue models instead of the stainless.

·
Registered
166 Posts
rounderk5 said:
Personal opinion, if it is what you want, and you can't find it anywhere else, and you think its a fair price, it is.
Aint that the truth. I just broke down and bought a gun from Gander Mountain. Gun I bought is hard to find since its not in production anymore, and well I just took it for the team. I am sure I could have found it for a little cheaper, but there isnt anything quite like holding the gun you and knowing its the one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Exactly. Buds is out, Gallery of Guns is out, Gunbroker only has two blued models, and GunsAmerica does not have any either. I'm thinking the one I found at GM is one of the last ones available right now.

In fact, the 851 .38 Special models on Gunsamerica are priced right now at $399 - $475. It's beginning to look like $442 is good for a .357.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I was qutoed 320 plus tax for the regular colored one at my gun shop. Almost pulled the trigger. I'm just leaning toward the 617. I've got five shots in my other revolver and I think seven would be ideal. lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The only problem I think I'd have with the 617 is it's too big to fit in my pocket. I have never seen a 617 in any Indianapolis gun shop.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Robert J Stewart----give this a try. Call the dealer below and ask them to contact Sports South Distributors to check if they have the gun you are looking for.

Hunters Den
9514 Haddington Dr.
Indianapolis, IN 46256
(317) 595-0762

1 - 14 of 14 Posts