Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough to find a guy who posted a Taurus 627 6.5" .357 magnum on the Minnesota firearms trader group on facebook. He was looking for a XD9 pistol. I have a XD9 tactical that I just don't shoot. Bought it two years ago, and spends most of it's time in the safe. Turns out he was very excited to see I was willing to do the trade. Since I traded my model 608 to my friend, I've missed having a Fullsize long barrel revolver. Plan on picking it up next weekend. He lives 4hrs south of me, and is willing to meet half way.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
You had better get it done before Sen. Latz and Rep. Paymar get their anti-gun legislation pushed through the legislature. Although at this point I believe they have the same chance as a snowball in he!!, but I never under estimate a politician!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Private sales are just that... The government doesn't need to know. ;)

Here is a good pic the guy sent me of the gun today.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Nice!!! Give us a range report!!;)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hey phatspeed, that's one nice looking Tracker! And it sounds like a win-win transaction for both of you...each party got a quality firearm to use.

·
Banned
2,401 Posts
I have that exact model. Bought it just one month ago at Gander Mountain and can't begin to explain just how pleased I am with it! I must have had it at the range 3/week for last month and put 600 rounds though it already. 100 .357 and 500 .38 caliber... Let me tell you this is one straight shooting revolver. At 30 feet I've had groups of 1/2" with PMC .357 and 2" groups with Blazer .38. This is one straight shooting revolver! You'll be pleased!

The recoil while shooting the .38 rounds is non-existent.

While I love the ribber grips... They are a bit too small for me... So I purchased and installed the rubber Hogue grip today. It makes a difference... Now I have somewhere for my pinky finger on my right (shooting) hand.

I dry fired the thing hundreds of times to work out the roughness of the double action... Also pressed up on the hammer forcefully (after it was cocked) and then dry fired in single action mode. Both those activities helped workout the kinks and smooth the trigger.

The only real problem.... I'm now hunting for more ammo... The gun is so awesome to shoot!

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
OK folks, now you really have me drooling!!!:)

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
WOW Taz likes nice shiney guns.. Nice shooting iron you have there.. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts