Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently picked up a like new 617ss that I just took to the range and I really like it. Hks makes a 7 shot speedloader and I found online a 5 star firearm speedloader that says fits the 617 as well. Anyone with a taurus 617 use speedloaders and which ones work for you?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Bianchi Speed Strips. They don't hold 7, but they don't make a big round lump either.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Recently picked up a like new 617ss that I just took to the range and I really like it. Hks makes a 7 shot speedloader and I found online a 5 star firearm speedloader that says fits the 617 as well. Anyone with a taurus 617 use speedloaders and which ones work for you?
I carry two 7 shot HKS® speedloaders, and two 7 shot Tuff® Quickstrips; when carrying my 617SS2.

·
Registered
695 Posts
My 7 shot HKS® speedloader will not clear the grip on my M66 with .357 rounds, and I have yet to try it on my M817 with .38's.

The 7 shot Tuff® Quickstrips look promising. I like that you can get them in different colors, for different calibers.

Thanks for the info.

·
Administrator
35,287 Posts
Yep. HKS speedloaders for me and my model 66 as well. They'll fit the 617 just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts