Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just purchased a Taurus 608 Blued with a 6" barrel. The plastic insert on the front sight is missing and i'm looking for a replacement. I called Taurus and they are sending me the front sight assembly, however that front sight does not come off the barrel. So, I'm looking for a replacement plastic insert for the sight, or a part number that I can give Taurus.

Thanks!
Isaiah

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going with that diagram is wrong. I verified last night and it is not pinned to the barrel.

I thought about purchasing one of those kits, however I am a little afraid of the quality I would achieve because of how small the insert is.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
I'm going with that diagram is wrong. I verified last night and it is not pinned to the barrel.
Too bad the sight isn't pinned, that would have helped things. I suppose if the new sight comes with an insert you could take that insert out and put it into your existing front sight.

Either way keep us updated how it goes and welcome to Taurus Armed! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do. I had this shipped Tuesday. I should be receiving it soon, i would imagine. Will post some pictures this weekend.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Bummer! :(

That new front sight has what I think is basically a "sticker" instead of an insert.

Let us know what Taurus says, if you don't mind. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts