Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a neighbor selling a like new 608 8 shot factory bright stainless and has no lock. Is gun worth 600.00 his asking price ? The trigger is smoother than any other Taurus I have and I have a newer 608 and the finish on it is more well done and it is drilled and tapped??

Attachments

·
8,328 Posts
It is an excellent example of good Taurus platform. But it is a Taurus and resale value has to be considered. Most I would offer is around $450, and only if lockup and timing are good.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Have a neighbor selling a like new 608 8 shot factory bright stainless and has no lock. Is gun worth 600.00 his asking price ? The trigger is smoother than any other Taurus I have and I have a newer 608 and the finish on it is more well done and it is drilled and tapped??
Wow. I’d ask what his best price is. I’d probably buy it, myself.

This is my Taurus 605 5 Shot 357 Magnum, 1994 Custom Shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Muzzleblast_MD (Instagram)

·
Registered
338 Posts
These are very nice revolvers but $600 is too much; especially since new M608's can be had for under $500. The lock can be removed by replacing the hammer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
These are very nice revolvers but $600 is too much; especially since new M608's can be had for under $500. The lock can be removed by replacing the hammer.
How exactly can the lock be removed? Do you need to buy a different hammer to replace the existing hammer? Thanks for your help on this.

·
17,575 Posts
I'm another that'll say that price is out of line. I'd say $500 tops, if I really, really, wanted it.

Edit: New ones on gunbroker are under $600. Used are going either side of $400. I see $367, $391, and here's a new one that went for less than $500: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/828425511

My $500 was too high maybe, but you have to add FFL and shipping to the auction prices.

·
Registered
338 Posts
How exactly can the lock be removed? Do you need to buy a different hammer to replace the existing hammer? Thanks for your help on this.
I simply replaced the hammer on my M608; going from stainless with the lock to a case hardened without a lock. Straight swap. No fitting required on my gun.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts