to give a review?

I have a 81 and 84, but have never handled a Taurus 58

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Has anyone shot both and care
to give a review?

I have a 81 and 84, but have never handled a Taurus 58
I haven't shot the Berettas, but have the 58HC. If you're familiar with the 92, it handles and shoots pretty much the same, but obviously the recoil is smoother, being a smaller caliber. Hope that helps, but I'm sure someone around here has a better answer.

Reactions: kels

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
The 84 seems much more resilient. By that, I mean it keeps firing and keeps firing. Taurus 58SS and 58HC just don't like getting dirty. Like all Taurus .380's I've shot, they both start to have feed ramp issues once they get dirty after shooting a box or so of ammo. The Beretta doesn't seem to care. Of course, that wouldn't stop be from buying a 58 or 58s if I came across one at a good price.

·
32,785 Posts
One of the drawbacks of the PT58 can be the grip. It is as fat as the one for the PT92 and the Beretta 92. I own and have shot both the PT58 and the Beretta 84. (I've got short fingers and medium hands) The PT fit is a hair too large for me. The Beretta 84 fit is fine.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I nearly bought an almost new PT58 years ago, but it seemed a bit touchy about ammo. My 84 ate anything, and so does my 85, 81 (32 ACP) and my Browning BDA 380, which is basically a closed slide version of the 84. A friend bought a PT58 on GB a few years ago, and it was also picky about ammo. They didn't like hollow points much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts