Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
laugh3.gif laughing025.gif I just don't think she was ready for that at all!:shocked:

Reactions: Blackcatbones

·
Super Moderator
21,631 Posts
Is anybody ready for that!!! I would use it in bear country. But not get much use on the range. I'll stick with my 1911! :) That was really funny on the bright side!!!!

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Is anybody ready for that!!! I would use it in bear country. But not get much use on the range. I'll stick with my 1911! :) That was really funny on the bright side!!!!
Yes, I am! I shot Fish's S&W 500 at the meet,(had best shot placement I might add) and I shoot at least 50 to 100 rounds of 44 Magnum each time I go to the range. ....I just don't think she knew what she had in her hand.:D

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Yup. Its pretty brutal. My brother-in-law was shooting it at an indoor range. I noticed it was as loud as the mosin nagant in the next lane

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Ehhhh, it's not that bad. The top gas vents keep it down pretty well IF the shooter holds on.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great gun I shoot my .454 all day long :) I mostly was thinking about her reaction. also... Who just gives a person a gun like that to play with. She seems like an experienced shooter to a degree but as this shows even people with some firearms experience arent always ready for something like that. Could have ended much worse.

·
8,822 Posts
Not a very nice Brother there. Told her to do a review on a 454 , but no warning about the strength needed to shoot that beast. I though she had taken a head hit from the flying barrel - but I guess not! She seemed to take it all in stride however.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great gun I shoot my .454 all day long :) I mostly was thinking about her reaction. also... Who just gives a person a gun like that to play with. She seems like an experienced shooter to a degree but as this shows even people with some firearms experience arent always ready for something like that. Could have ended much worse.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I thought she had taken a head bonk also. At least she held on to it.

When she picked it up, I thought, she's holding it too low. And then she didn't even hold is with her left hand....just used it to support the weight. I knew what was coming but she survived with only a good lesson and not knots on her forward.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Hahaha! Im not shooting one.

·
Super Moderator
21,631 Posts
I used to be able to shoot my dads 44 mag all the time but I was younger then. Beside now I have had rheumatoid arthritis in my hands and back, hips and feet for the last 5 years. And it is only getting worse. I did shoot a 45 long Colt the other day and that was fine but it was not a hot load.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I like shooting my RB, 454 casull! As long as you are prepared for the power of this firearm it is no big deal!
Her brother certainly didn't do his sister any favors, and didn't prepare her for what he had given her! Not a very smart thing to do at all!!

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I'm still looking for a Ruger Alaskan in 454. I've shot one several times and decided I want one for Four Wheeler Trail Riding.

·
Super Moderator
21,631 Posts
I agree even with RA and my hands being what they are, if I know what to expect I can still shoot just about anything. I just can't do it all day. I can shoot everything I have even my 357 with hot loads and it does not bother me too much. :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts