Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taurus used to make a double action revolver in 45colt. Does anybody have one or know the model number. I've only seen a picture and it was in stainless if I remember correctly. Don't know when it was discontinued. I'm not talkin' about the Gaucho single actions. :???:

Registered
Smokewagon, Could you be refering to the Tracker in 45 Colt. Mine is stainless, model # 460SS4 (460=45LC Tracker, SS=stainless steel, 4=4" barrel). Mine dates to 2002, not sure when 45LC was dropped from the Tracker lineup.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 450 in three models. Status-discontinued. :(

Thanks Steelheart and Snafu

Registered
Snafu's TT .45 Colt is only other one I've ever seen on this board. I think we've got the only two ever made. :D

They are indeed great revolvers, very accurate.

Snafu's and mine, are dressed with Hogue rubber grips because they fit my hand better...though the rib Taurus ribbed rubber grips are super soft to shoot with.

TB C45

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They do both look great. Guess I'll hit a few pawn and gun shops and see whats out there used. :thumb:

Premium Member
The only active 45 colt, is The Judge. Cylinder might be a little long for you guys, but it sure shoots just like those. I wish I could have found one that was just 45 NEW! They looked great to me.

Registered
Here's a Taurus model 450 Total Titanium.

Registered
Streetcruiser, that is fine looking belly gun in .45 Colt, you can consider yourself well armed as a hide-out piece.

That has got to be premium find, not many of them floating around I'll bet. Don't let someone talk you out of it...like me. :D

Naw! I've got too many .45 Colt caliber guns as it is, its getting hard to make it to the range and shoot these smoke poles...the freezing a$$ weather don't help.

This is my other .45 Colt in a 2nd model S&W, converted from a .455 Brit caliber...WW-1 era.

TB C45

Registered
Thanks for the complement tracker. I've always wanted a model 450 since I saw one about 9 years ago. I went in to one of the local gun shops looking to buy a semi-auto and saw this brute (bute) and had a flashback. This has to be the only emotional purchase I've really ever made. Once I get a chance I plan to take it to the range and test it out. That's a nice pic of a classic.

Registered
snafu said:
Smokewagon, Could you be refering to the Tracker in 45 Colt. Mine is stainless, model # 460SS4 (460=45LC Tracker, SS=stainless steel, 4=4" barrel). Mine dates to 2002, not sure when 45LC was dropped from the Tracker lineup.
Snafu, are those reloads or factory rounds? I'm having one helluva time locating good practice ammo. I'm currently using Speer Gold Dot 250 Grain JHP for carry rounds. I have already begun hunting for a reloading press so I can have a steady supply of ammo to shoot.

Premium Member
Heck for practice round, I have been using 200 gr lead cowboy loads. For official business, I have some 255 gr hollowpoints, that CollinsCartridgeCo, out of texas makes. The also sell reloaded stuff, but I bought their new. It was the cheapest price that I have been able to find. Got 200 rds, for right about $20 for 50, plus $6 plus for shipping. Some times they are sold out, but if you check back and order they will get it to you pretty soon.

Registered
streetcruiser, Those are factory loads. Not too sure you'd want to make these regular practice ammo. It's COR BON 45 Colt+P, 200gr JHP w/ 1100fps velocity & 537ft/lbs energy. At approaching a buck and a half a round it would be on the spendy side for regular range practice. These would be best suited to shoot alittle and carry alot (for serious "social" work) ;).

Premium Member
snafu said:
streetcruiser,
It's COR BON 45 Colt+P, 200gr JHP w/ 1100fps velocity & 537ft/lbs energy. At approaching a buck and a half a round it would be on the spendy side for regular range practice. These would be best suited to shoot alittle and carry alot (for serious "social" work) ;).
Yep, I price them at several shops, I finally decided to go with a regular factory heavy JHP, 255, because it will hit enough to hurt.

Registered
If I find a Raging Bully in .45 Colt, with five inch barrel...I'm a gonner for sure...that is one sweet shooten pistola in either .44 magnum or .45 Colt.

But I don't know for sure if the RB was ever made in .45 Colt???

Seen one in a pawn shop today, new, blue, .44 magnum.

TB C45

Registered
Robby said:
Yep, I price them at several shops, I finally decided to go with a regular factory heavy JHP, 255, because it will hit enough to hurt.
The Speer Gold Dots I have in the gun seem to fit the bill for polite social encounters. I was mainly looking for a FMJ round for practice. The only thing I have been able to find are FMJ bullets to do reloads.

Premium Member
streetcruiser said:
The Speer Gold Dots I have in the gun seem to fit the bill for polite social encounters. I was mainly looking for a FMJ round for practice. The only thing I have been able to find are FMJ bullets to do reloads.
Yeah, I have noticed over the last 4 months, that inexpensive LC's for practice are tough to find. In my area, at least they wanted $28+ for cowboy loads in 50 rd boxes, and then they did not have too many of them.

That is why I went online, and found a source that I can get practice stuff for about $18 for 50. They do not seem to lead up the barrel so that is good.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
streetcruiser said:
Here's a Taurus model 450 Total Titanium.

Exactly what I had in mind. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts