Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the the last Taurus 44 mag Ultralite (4" barrel) in my local gun store inventory. Does anybody that actually owns one of these guns have advice or an opinion on this gun? I will be using this as my sidearm (backup) when I am bird hunting and big game hunting in the rugged mountains of Idaho. I inevitably run into 2 or 3 bears every year when I am hunting so if you have suggestions for a good bear load for this revolver let me know.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you with us!

I don't own one nor have any experience with that model but perhaps someone who does can chime in to assist.
Have you tried googling any reviews, either formal or informal on it?

·
Registered
384 Posts
44TITANIUM said:
I purchased the the last Taurus 44 mag Ultralite (4" barrel) in my local gun store inventory. Does anybody that actually owns one of these guns have advice or an opinion on this gun? I will be using this as my sidearm (backup) when I am bird hunting and big game hunting in the rugged mountains of Idaho. I inevitably run into 2 or 3 bears every year when I am hunting so if you have suggestions for a good bear load for this revolver let me know.
Give us a range report when you can. I've been coveting this monster in the blue finish for over a year but can't find anyone who has one for sale.

·
Registered
178 Posts
44TITANIUM, Don't ever count out the good old shotgun as a defensive weapon. If you can believe Peter Hathaway Capstick, he once killed a lioness that jumped him while he was bird hunting. He was using a 20ga too. I have seen people shot with them & they are grusomly efficient. I used to occasionaly hunt Pheasants in large pastures where there were cows & bulls. I never had a problem, but felt safe. Frank

·
Administrator
35,527 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas. I have some advice....hold on with both hands !!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
44 Mag and titanium - ought to be a powerful combination. Make sure you aren't standing on a ledge when you shoot it! ;D Congratulations on your new pistol.

Out West

·
Super Moderator
35,281 Posts
Be very nice on the hip, but it sounds...well....painful. LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts