Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 445 new and fired about 20 Black Hills 210 g 44 Specials out of it and the gun locked up two or three times. I could open and close the cylinder and it would fire several more rounds before completely locking up again. I tried several mild 200 g and 240 g hand loads but the problem continued. Sometimes, after locking up, I could just move the cylinder a bit with my finger and the cylinder would then lock into position and I could fire.

Second range trip was a little better with mild 44 Russian 200 g RNFP hand loads (3.5g Trail Boss) but gun still seemed to have a problem locking into firing position after first shot.

Will this problem go away with use or does it need to go back to the factory?

Thanks,
Jack

·
Registered
14,180 Posts
Do a big time deep clean pay special attention to the cylinder rod making sure that all that tacky Taurus grease has been removed. Then pay the same attention to the holes/chambers of the wheel/cylinder to make sure that the ammo is seating deep in place.

Of course, sending it back to Taurus for them to tune it and clean it is an option.

·
Registered
25,001 Posts
You want to be sure that the cylinder is locked when you fire. If not locked could be trouble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts