Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
That is a good price for that little hand cannon. I bought mine about a year ago for $439 + tax. I love it, I am a .41 magnum nut. I have it in my nightstand loaded with Cor-Bon 170 grain HP rounds.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
That is a sweet deal on a beautiful matte stainless .41 Mag!

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I feel that the 41 mag. is the most powerful practical revolver Self Defense cartridge and the Taurus 415 is the most compact offering of this caliber...

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
​It's too bad that Taurus® discontinued this model and the 416 Raging Bull™.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I don't think you'll find one for under $375, that sounds like a great deal. 415's are getting to be harder to come by too, as badge said they are discontinued (they have been for quite a long time I believe).

I enjoy the Taurus Ribber grips, almost all of my Trackers still wear them, but my model 415 received a set of Hogue Monogrips shortly after the first two cylinders were fired down range. I love that snub but it's hard on the middle finger of yer shootin hand:0. The Hogue's have made it much more enjoyable to shoot.

Coop

·
Registered
65 Posts
If only more people would realize the potential of the .41 Mag there would be more of a selection of ammo available. Right now you need to reload to get ammo at a good price. I have a Taurus 415, Smith&Wesson model 57 8 3/8 Barrel, Thompson Contender 14 inch barrel and a Marlin 1894fg all in .41 and they are all great shooters.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered one this past week. I'd been wanting one, but didnt really NEED a .41 mag snub. I saw the price and figured the Norns wanted me to get it.
Yes, you did NEED it! Don't try to convince yourself otherwise! :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
It would seem you are correct.

Does anyone on here have a suggestion for a belt holster? Do all the compact frames fit the same leather? I tried the search function but my terms were too broad, I guess.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a Bianchi leather holster that fits my S&W model 19 2.5 inch and it is perfect for the 415. I guess the 415 is the same size as the K frame Smiths. I think the holster is model 5BHL, I am not home so I can't check for you. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks. I favor open top, and I don't see a Bianchi open top that fits any revolver above small frame. I have a DeSantis made for a Detective Special that also fits my CA Bulldog. Maybe it will work while I look around.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You can check out Don Hume Holsters, they make one called the j i t (just in time). It is open top and is made for all kinds of guns.The holster sells for about $30.00.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'll probably have to wait until I have it in my grubby little mitts. The Don Hume sizing is a bit hard to follow. The Dick Special and Sp101 are the same holster, but the S&W model 10 is a different size. Either might fit the 415, or might not.

It won't be a carry gun for me (there are advantages to carrying department approved off duty and BUG), so I'm not in a hurry.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
I'll probably have to wait until I have it in my grubby little mitts. The Don Hume sizing is a bit hard to follow. The Dick Special and Sp101 are the same holster, but the S&W model 10 is a different size. Either might fit the 415, or might not.

It won't be a carry gun for me (there are advantages to carrying department approved off duty and BUG), so I'm not in a hurry.
I have a 2¼" barrel 617SS2 and I use the same Don Hume® J.I.T. holster as for a S&W® "K" frame (#J941100R). My 617 is the same frame size as your 415SS2 just with a ¼" less barrel. Judge for yourself if this will work for you.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
9 days later it's still "processing". It's within the time they told, but getting to be the long end of it. I guess there really are lots of folks buying lots of guns right now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts