Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang, been a while since I posted here. Local range has some Taurus 405s in stock, 40 S&W 5 shots that are peaking my interest since I mainly shoot 40s now. Are they any good? Do you have to use moon clips with them? The price they want is very reasonable. although I see on the Taurus site they are now discontinued...not sure what Taurus would do IF I had a problem.. Going to order one either way, but since I can't make up my mind.....cast your vote for blued vs. stainless. Makes no difference to me, I like both finishes..lol

·
Registered
7,301 Posts
HI, I've thought about buying one of these, too, since they were priced right online. If you don't get a response, check Bud's Gun Shop online. They have reviews of the guns from people who them actually bought them on the page for the 405. All of Bud's customer reviews are very candid, as well.

Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop

Good luck.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI, I've thought about buying one of these, too, since they were priced right online. If you don't get a response, check Bud's Gun Shop online. They have reviews of the guns from people who them actually bought them on the page for the 405. All of Bud's customer reviews are very candid, as well.

Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop

Good luck.
Just saw them on there, much less $ than the local shop.. I'm pretty much set on one, can't decide between blue or stainless..lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought one about 10 months ago. It is one of my favorite revolvers. I have the stainless version. The moon clips work fine and I have purchased a few spares from Taurus. I don't use the moon clips for the range, I just poke the empties out into my brass bag. The gun works great with or without the clips, though the extractor does not work without the clips. Great trigger in double and single action. I did change from the ribber grips to the Hogue 73000 as I have the Hogues on all of my other revolvers and I like the feel of them.
I think I paid $369.00 for mine and it was money very well spent.

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
Picked up a 405 myself about 6 months back for $350 gently used, I have a love/hate relationship with it. I absolutely love the trigger, weight, and accuracy, but my hands hate the punch that it gives with the 'combat grip' that came on mine. A ribber grip would be better, but a grip like the Hogue would make it much more comfortable to shoot. I personally don't shoot more than a 50 pack from it on range trips, and never use the clips there since I have them adjusted and loaded four with my SD ammo and keep one loaded with snapcaps. Truth be told, the SA trigger pull is almost scary. Using snapcaps, I'm able to pull my pinky up off the grip and make the hammer fall without bending a knuckle. DA is nice and smooth, and takes half the effort to shoot than my PT-22 does. All-in-all, great gun to own IMO. And the fact that your already kind of focused on carrying a .40 S&W is just a flat out bonus.

P.S. - One last tip, avoid using aluminum and steel cased rounds in it, they expand too much and have to be poked out of the cylinder with a screwdriver/dowel rod to load up another 5 shots.

·
Registered
14,128 Posts
OK, Thank you for posting this, As I just now placed my order at Buds for the stainless version.

I'll post photos when it arrives.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts