Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have a Taurus 380 revolvers?
If so how do you like?
Are the Taurus "moon clips" used on the 380 as bad as those used on the model 905 9mm?
Seems like this might be a pretty eat revolver.

·
Premium Member
8,347 Posts
Get ahold of one and experience the trigger before you decide. I like ours, but it is a stout pull. The Taurus "stellar clips" are a tad flimsy, IMO. Try these-

Welcome to TK Custom.com & Moonclips.com

Reactions: zaitcev

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
I have a couple of 380 pocket pistols and the Ruger LCP II is for me anyway the sweetest little backup BUG out there....

·
Premium Member
8,347 Posts
Reactions: GhostHorse

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
l

Thanks KidVermin for that link. It was an interesting read. I get the heavy trigger pull being a safety feature of this little revolver but if one desired lightening that pull is not that hard to do.
I'm not sure I care to own one as I carry a 605 loaded with 357 ammo as my carry gun and the 380 would be a far stretch from that.
It would seem to be a nice little carry gun for a female though.
My wife has An 85ss2. Wonder how the recoil compare?

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
8,347 Posts
I thought exactly the same thing! I bought it for her birthday present one year. That's why it's in my safe now...

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Quote Originally Posted by djh

I thought exactly the same thing! I bought it for her birthday present one year. That's why it's in my safe now...
coopercdrkey,
If you bought the little revolver as your wife's carry gun why is in the safe?
I don't understand why people purchase firearms for protection and then lock them up. Makes no sense to me.
I have a daughter, son-in-law and 3 granddaughters that went and got their CHL here in Texas but only one granddaughter actually carries. I just don't understand. Why did they get their CHL in the first place.
This is just my observation and only my opinion which doesn't mean a whole lot.

Sorry for getting off subject of the OP. I apologize.

·
Premium Member
8,347 Posts
My post was intended to convey that I had (erroneously) thought that the M380 would be a good carry weapon for my wife, but that the trigger pull proved too stout, and thus the little revolver ended up in my safe. Sorry if my implication eluded you...

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My post was intended to convey that I had (erroneously) thought that the M380 would be a good carry weapon for my wife, but that the trigger pull proved too stout, and thus the little revolver ended up in my safe. Sorry if my implication eluded you...
I missed the meaning of your post Sir but I now understand. I meant no disrespect in my comment.

·
Registered
20 Posts
if one desired lightening that pull is not that hard to do.
The ease of making the pull lighter on M380 very much depends on your skill level, I'm afraid.

I bought the same Wolff M85 kit that The Mousegun Bruce got, #30151:
Pocket Guns and Gear: Taurus M380 Makeover Update - Trigger Job

However, putting the lighter mainspring resulted in light primer strikes. Not every time and not with every ammo, but it was definite. I pulled the lock out of the hammer and filled the void with molten lead, hoping that the heavier hammer would help, but that didn't work. I had to stick with the factory hammer spring. A reduced strength trigger return spring from the kit helped a bit, but not decisively.

At least in my case, the gun needs some kind of hammer job. Springs alone won't do.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I had an interest in the Taurus 380 revolver because I started off with revolvers 40+ years ago. Carried the TCP738 for a long time and love the little gun. Got excited about the Spectrum, then it didn't come. Got the LCP II and LOVE IT. It is now my every day pocket carry. I also carry two extra magazines in a Gerber multi-tool pouch so I don't look tacti-cool at work. So, instead of carrying a 5 shot 380 revolver, I carry a 6+1 auto with an extra 12 rounds. Works for me.

Reactions: kshunter

·
Premium Member
8,347 Posts
The appeal of the M380, other than its size and weight, which are very attractive, is that it shoots the same cartridge as your pocket auto. (Everybody owns a .380 mouse gun, don't they?) The only drawback is the ungodly long and stout DA trigger pull, which improved only very slightly after many evenings of dry fire with snap caps. It looks mah-velous with wood grips, though...

P1020002.jpg

·
Registered
1,882 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Get ahold of one and experience the trigger before you decide. I like ours, but it is a stout pull. The Taurus "stellar clips" are a tad flimsy, IMO. Try these-

Welcome to TK Custom.com & Moonclips.com
Hear, hear! My 605 when I got it had to of had a 20lb pull DA when new. It's considerably better now, but still over 12lb advertised. OTOH, SA I think it's the best I ever shot. Good advice, what he said!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
The 380 revolver trigger needs to be completely redesigned based on user comments. If Taurus did, they would have a much better revolver for concealed carry. There is no indication that Taurus will do anything.

If they revised their trigger, it would interest me for deep CCW situations.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts