Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the above revolver that needs some work. I need to know the Model number and what variation it is. Is the model number stamped on the inside of the frame when you open the cylinder? If so, it is a Model 82. The serial number is 1586071. Can some one tell me the model Variation? #1, 2 or 3? The problem is that it will not fire all cylinders double action, I have installed 3 stouter hammer springs, and removed a little from the shoulder of the firing pin. It now fires 5 of the cylinders, but one hit appears off center, at the edge of the primer. This would appear to show it is not timed properly. However, it fires all 6 single action properly. The ratchet on the cylinder appears to be quite worn. If I understand correctly this part and the cylinder have to fitted to each other. Will a different cylinder assembly have to fitted to the gun and timed to operate correctly?

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Sorry, but I know very little about guns and their inner workings. Your best bet to identify the model exactly would be to contact taurus on the taurususa web site. I suggest their chat feature, as it seems to be the most responsive.

There are some real experts on here, so maybe if you post some pictures, you can get some help identifying the revolver.

Whatever you come up with, please post a follow up here so the next poor guy in the same boat will have a start.

Good luck.

·
21,946 Posts
Does it indent the primer at all (the cylinder that still won't fire)?

Do you get any lead shaving from the other cylinders?

How's the accuracy on those cylinders?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.taurususa.com/support/serial-number-lookup/[/FONT]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts