Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,
Thank you for accepting me in the group.
I am about to buy this 357, but i am doing a research and can’t find any information of the history and production of this models, its a 605 Estimated age? Price to pay? Its very clean.
Its a factory bobber, any special care using and caring for the hammer?Thank you
Also
First time I own a stainless steel polished gun, i posted a picture of the products i use to clen my guns, any suggestions on hot not to mess cleaning the polish? Are those products safe on polish?
Also first time i am going to try the bore sneak, any suggestions? Are they good to be used?
Thank you.
Fluid Drink Beverage can Tin Alcoholic beverage

Finger Font Material property Battery Drink

Liquid Green Bottle Fluid Drink

Revolver Vision care Trigger Gesture Finger

Revolver Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior

Arm Automotive lighting Sleeve Sunglasses Eyewear

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Bicycle part

Hand Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Finger
Thank you.

·
23,874 Posts
Nice revolver!

Any of those cleaning products will be fine. I've never had anything produce a bad outcome with stainless. And bore snakes are great for revolvers in particular, because they let you clean from the forcing cone toward the muzzle, which is the best direction. It reduces the risk of damaging the crown.

·
9,601 Posts
Welcome aboard from NW Arkansas. That 605 is a beauty. Yes your cleaning/lube products will be good for that revolver. Just don't overlube it.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
As others said, any and all of those products are quite serviceable for the care of your firearms.

That is a very nice looking gun. The color accents are well done, and a nice addition to the highly polished stainless.

It will do well with 38SPL or 357MAG loads, and it should serve you well for as long as you need.

AND, "Welcome to the forum".

Reactions: Turqui

·
Registered
10,648 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma!

·
Super Moderator
22,383 Posts
You're all set, great looking gun, great products! Welcome aboard, now show us pictures of how she shoots!

·
Super Moderator
36,090 Posts
Good looking revolver you have there. :D

·
Registered
364 Posts
For stainless steel, a good product to keep the brightness is paste for chrome car bumpers or motorcycle exhaust tubes. I used it with excellent results on my Walther PPK, specially to remove stains in the magazines.

When used in revolvers, it´s specially useful to remove the blackening in the front face of cylinder.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I understand the mothers mag wheel polish is a good surface cleaner and shines up most SS Guns.
I have considered buffing my mat finished 627 , but have not got the nerve to do it yet! Has anyone else done this ? Can I hear your stories?

·
Registered
890 Posts
I understand the mothers mag wheel polish is a good surface cleaner and shines up most SS Guns.
I have considered buffing my mat finished 627 , but have not got the nerve to do it yet! Has anyone else done this ? Can I hear your stories?
I use the Mother's Wheel Polish on my feed ramps. Personally I would not be inclined to use it on the exterior of my mat finish 627. It would most likely be OK but my 627 is my all time favorite and I would not want to cause any harm no matter how well intentioned.

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
Registered
145 Posts
I use the Mother's Wheel Polish on my feed ramps. Personally I would not be inclined to use it on the exterior of my mat finish 627. It would most likely be OK but my 627 is my all time favorite and I would not want to cause any harm no matter how well intentioned.
I am fond of my Tracker 627 also , just asking if people have decided to polish the mat to a soft luster, not a mirror finish, and how it worked out for them?

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Welcome to taurusarmed.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "Taurus® Spoken Here!" Hooaaahhhh!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
40,572 Posts
Welcome from northern Georgia !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts